anyone not heard from UC's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Relatively average stats applicant and I've only recieved a secondary from UCI and Drew anyone with a similar experience? I was complete way back in July.

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting on UCSF. Though I am out of state.

Still haven't heard from UCLA. I'm also out of state, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
In state. Low MCAT for UCs. Secondaries from UCSF and Davis. Nada from UCI/UCLA-Geffen/UCLA-Drew/UCSD.

Received UCI, UCLA, UCSD and haven't heard a word from UCD or UCSF :mad:

In State. Verified 8/22. Received secondaries from UCI, UCLA, UCD. Haven't heard a word from UCSD or UCSF.

Does anybody else think this is the MOST random process ever!

Still waiting on UCSF. Though I am out of state.

ucsf took forever to get me the secondary. and im outta state. they're taking quite long to give a decision on an interview invite as well.

the the thing for OOS is that if you get an invite, they dont care about your OOS status. from then on its a 50/50 chance to get in. bam! (though naturally im pessimistic...)

Does anybody else think this is the MOST random process ever!

yea
i got interviewed by ucla but none of the other UC's. Not even USC... quite sad... My gpa/mcat is higher than the avg of the schools too and my ECs arent bad. Instate.

i'm only got a secondary from davis. totally ignored by the rest...AND i'm IN STATE!!!!! R#@!$#@!%#@! maybe my stats are keeping me from getting those.

so I too have only recieved a secondary from UCD. I called UCSD and UCI and they told me that they only send secondaries to a small percentage of applicants during the first wave in late July to mid august and that they would re-evaluate the applications they recieved in late summer in October. I still have not recieved a secondary so I emailed them last week and they said they were still in the process of reviewing all of the summer submissions again for the second batch of secondaries. Hope this gives a little insight and good luck to everyone.

yea
i got interviewed by ucla but none of the other UC's. Not even USC... quite sad... My gpa/mcat is higher than the avg of the schools too and my ECs arent bad. Instate.

Same with me. Instate, non-traditional with clinical experience, very good ECs & MCATs, verified early August, nuthin' from any of them. Random? Yeah.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I too have only recieved a secondary from UCD. I called UCSD and UCI and they told me that they only send secondaries to a small percentage of applicants during the first wave in late July to mid august and that they would re-evaluate the applications they recieved in late summer in October. I still have not recieved a secondary so I emailed them last week and they said they were still in the process of reviewing all of the summer submissions again for the second batch of secondaries. Hope this gives a little insight and good luck to everyone.

Secondaries from UCLA and UCSD (on hold now) pretty soon after verification. Nothing from UCSF and I just passed the two month mark, but I'm keeping the faith. :cool:

In state, but lopsided GPA/MCAT (low/high), so we'll see.

In state. Received UCI, UCLA, UCD secondaries all within two weeks of being verified 8/22. Not a peep from UCSD and UCSF.

LOL seems like the UC's communicate with each other so they don't all send secondaries to an applicant.

in state, good gpa, ave UC mcat, recieved all secondaries, but ucsf took alot longer to send. unfortunately i was soo backacked up with secondaries, and i did them in order recieved, i missed the deadline for ucsd, all the others were submitted within 3 weeks, i have not gotten an interview from any of them.

Has anyone heard from UCSF >=14 weeks after the date your AMCAS application was accepted? Thanks!

for those of you who got UCLA interviews, how long were you complete before getting an invite? if my letters didn't get in until 10/3 even though my secondary was in 8/23 am I in bad shape?? argh!

i also got a ucsd hold and haven't heard a peep from davis after submitting my secondary.

UCLA (secondary complete 9/6)
UCSD (no secondary)
UCSF (secondary complete 10/9)
UCI (secondary complete 9/13)
UCD (secondary complete 9/12)

No interview invite so far. I am guessing since it's been more than a month, I won't get any. This week has been the worst week since the start of application, 3 rejections in one week. Sign.

Last edited:
I have received all of the secondaries

UCSF- Rejected post secondary
UCLA- Interview
UCI- Interview
UCSD- Hold
UCD- Have heard nothing since turning in my secondary application

congrats on the interviews, can I ask when were you complete at UCLA and UCI? thx

twofish- i actually got a UCI interview invite just a couple days ago and my app was also complete 9/13. hopefully that means you'll be hearing from them soon too!

Last edited: