Anyone on here for 9/11/12 yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swilms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's still a while away, but anyone studying for Sept 11 yet? If so, what point are you at and how is your studying going?

Members don't see this ad.

I registered for sept 6, I gathered the study materials a while ago and started studying according to the Sned Plan but I'm not sticking to it 100% lol I guess because the test date is still far .. I'm having trouble sticking to seriously studying and focusing .......

I registered for sept 6, I gathered the study materials a while ago and started studying according to the Sned Plan but I'm not sticking to it 100% lol I guess because the test date is still far .. I'm having trouble sticking to seriously studying and focusing .......

How long did it take you to get your BR material? I'm registering for 09/06/12 as well, and I'm taking a Kaplan prep, but I want to supplement it with the Sned plan. He said it takes about a month or 2 to get TBR books. Is it too late for me to place an order for a september MCAT?
Thanks.

I was lucky enough to find a seller from this site who had all the TBR material brand new ( he never used it ) and ordered the EK1001+Bio from amazon.com got them pretty quick, I was going to sign up for a kaplan or TPR course but was discouraged since everyone swore it can be done alone if you have all the study material ( TBR etc) TBR is pretty dense and intimidating there is a lot lot of material

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard similar things. To each his own, I've been doing fine with EK + EK 1001. Almost done the 1001 series and then I'm going to work through TPR hyperlearning workbooks.

So far so good. Verbal is worrying me. I'm hovering around a 9-10 using EK 101 so far. I'd like to be at an 11 once I get to the MCAT so that I have some wiggle room (I tend to panic during standardized exams).

SIGNED UP FOR 9/11 . I looked at the the date and i was like damn. I am starting a little modified sn2ed on next monday.

Hi I have changed my test date from 7/6 to 9/11. I am ordering the BR tomorrow as well. I hope it will get here in time for me to begin asap.

For those of you who have already started the SN schedule, how long does the daily content take to complete? I work a full time job and right now so I can only put in around a solid 4 hours of studying daily.

I'm signed up for 9/7

Just finished first day of SN2, took about 4.5 hours to get through ch. 1 physics but I also did all the passages instead of 1/3.

I'm actually looking forward to 101 verbal, some of the passages are pretty interesting though completely random

I ordered my BR and EK material today. Hoping to have it all in during the next week to get started on it..

How are you going to modify your SN2 schedule?

Nope, applying next cycle

4.5 hours with ALL the passages for the chapter, tons of notetaking, and post-game analysis

About halfway through EK 101, so far I am very pleased. Started off floating around 9-10, and now I have a pretty consistent average of 11-12 on the past four tests. I suggest doing passages consistently, i.e. every day until your test, spread it out.

I'm signed up for 9/7

Just finished first day of SN2, took about 4.5 hours to get through ch. 1 physics but I also did all the passages instead of 1/3.

I'm actually looking forward to 101 verbal, some of the passages are pretty interesting though completely random

9/7 here too...I'm almost done general chemistry (TBR) and doing a little bit of bio as well. I am going to try to get through the first book of physics this week and start ochem

Members don't see this ad :)
I just began my Sn2ed study program last week. I have been sitting on my study material for a few weeks lol but I recently found the motivation to get rolling. I am applying for next cycle- taking a year off- but i want to get this done before school starts again.

Really have to keep an eye on the reward that will come from staying focused these next months. keeps me motivated with such a far test date. (not that far really)

Using TBR, EK 101, EK 1001, EK Audio Osmosis.

** I also had a dream that someone sent my friend the pdf of TBR and that friend wants to freely help anyone that truly needs it** :) weird

yeaaa 9/11/12 MCAT!! I just finished my first week of the sn2ed schedule haha...

Hey guys,

I have not signed up yet, but I am planning on taking it on Sep 11th. If I don't feel prepared in like a month an a half I will probably push it back to Jan.

Have you guys started any practice tests yet? I took 2 kaplan and I am around ~25.

Hey guys,

I have not signed up yet, but I am planning on taking it on Sep 11th. If I don't feel prepared in like a month an a half I will probably push it back to Jan.

Have you guys started any practice tests yet? I took 2 kaplan and I am around ~25.

Nah, im following the sn2ed schedule so I have a couple of weeks before starting practice test. I'm planning on doing the same thing, if I see my scores aren't what I want I'll probably push it to jan haha. Maybe study everyday for an hour or so.

I haven't signed up yet, but if my studying goes well for the next month and I feel i'll be ready by sept 11, i'm definitely gonna sign up.

I just finished all BS review and did a lot of practice passages. I'm getting nearly perfects on the TPRH bio passages and was able to score a 13 on the AAMC FL 3R on the bio. I decided that i would start out with my strongest subject and then move on to PS. gonna start PS review with BR gchem and physics for the next month or so, and then from there i'll just be drilling passages for VR, BS, and PS. Good luck everyone else :D

If my first mcat goes badly (5/31) I will probably be retaking with this group.

I'm not stalking you I swear. I actually came here to post the same thing.

Although... is 9/11 too late to take the test? Wouldn't this put us into the very late crew?

Best,
C

My test date is September 6, and I started SN2's study schedule June 18th. That puts me more than two weeks behind, but am now on chapter 3 or 4 for all the topics. I am skipping out on break days so I can hopefully catch up, but I really don't recommend it haha it really sucks

i'd say each day is anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, depending on the chapter readings since I get sidetracked a lot. good luck to all!

nope haha, i figure if i don't take sundays off I'm off by only a few days lol... oh well -___- what are you going to do?

lol yeah ill prob shave off like a week or something by taking off the break days. i want to stick with the BR books so its hard to do things quickly. if i was using EK i could prob finish in 2 months no prob. ill see how it goes.. i'm not applying this year so not worried about that, but just dont want to be studying while taking classes