Anyone Participating in Summer Research Internships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reine1jb

MD/PhD hopeful
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I luckily got into one at AECOM, anyone else going to be there this summer or at a similar program?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also going to AECOM this summer. Have you gotten a schedule or roommate assignments or anything else (other than the couple of emails about travel)?... I'm pretty confused as to what's going on.

I'm currently in the Emory SURE Program this summer doing neuroscience research.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be doing the SURP program at AECOM. I haven't heard anything about roommate stuff either... just a letter that suggested stuff to bring and where to pick up a key.

baylor smart.. it already started, but i'm on the quarter system so i come late =(

I'm also going to AECOM this summer. Have you gotten a schedule or roommate assignments or anything else (other than the couple of emails about travel)?... I'm pretty confused as to what's going on.

I have only received the same emails that you have. I'm also kind of confused but I'm pretty sure that everything is going to be explained for us when we get there. I'm excited to see that there are acouple fellow SDN'ers that will be at the AECOM SURP this summer

Been at the NIH for two weeks now. I'm doing immunology research in NIAMS.

for those of you who are going to AECOM, what research interests do you have?

for those of you who are going to AECOM, what research interests do you have?

Neurosci... I contacted a PI who's work I was interested in and she placed me in her lab. I didn't want to wait to get placed into a lab based on my interests, and I've been able to read the PI's papers and get some idea of what I'll be doing. I probably should have waited to get placed, but I think it'll pay off in the end.

Im working in the Cardiothoracic surgery basic science lab at NYU Med.

I am at the NIH too this summer (the NCI) and have also been here for 2 weeks.

I am at the NIH too this summer (the NCI) and have also been here for 2 weeks.

Where you living? LOL we should totally hang out. Plus, Dr OCD will be here next week :)

Neurosci... I contacted a PI who's work I was interested in and she placed me in her lab. I didn't want to wait to get placed into a lab based on my interests, and I've been able to read the PI's papers and get some idea of what I'll be doing. I probably should have waited to get placed, but I think it'll pay off in the end.

that's actually a really good idea i thought about doing something like that but I figured they were going to place us so I just let it be but definitely good for you...I took my MCAT may 16th and ever since then I've wanted to read some papers on what I will be doing but, I guess I'll just be flying by the seat of my pants. I put Neuroscience as my main research interest along with some secondary ones related such as cell bio, human pathogenesis ect. See you soon.

that's actually a really good idea i thought about doing something like that but I figured they were going to place us so I just let it be but definitely good for you...I took my MCAT may 16th and ever since then I've wanted to read some papers on what I will be doing but, I guess I'll just be flying by the seat of my pants. I put Neuroscience as my main research interest along with some secondary ones related such as cell bio, human pathogenesis ect. See you soon.

I took that thing April 12 and had a lot of downtime waiting for my scores... maybe I'll see you around the neurosci building then? From the papers I've read, they seem to have a lot of high tech equipment and they just might let us use it (hopefully I won't have any liability in case I f*** up), it should be a good experience.