Anyone Receive Interviews from Chicago Schools (non-EDP)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm a reapplicant......FAITHFUL SDNER....i'm hoping this year is my year. I was wondering if any of you all have recieved interviews..and wouldn't mind sharing your stats (in state vs. out of state and school name) thanks a lot,
anxious

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied and sent in all the secondaries to every school in chicago w/ exception of Northwestern. I haven't heard from anyone yet either. Sit tight! Good luck. Keep me informed of any progress. ;)

Gumshoe

(Put your stats up and I'll follow with mine --- I've already posted them somewhere out here)

In State/ 27 R/ 3.6 undergrad / 3.85 grad

Members don't see this ad :)
anxiousmed,

i thought you graduated from the ap program at finch last year. are you applying this year? i thought everyone is accepted from that program.

Hello,

I've interviewed at 2 of the Chicago Schools so far. Some of the other interviewees I spoke with had interviews coming up at Rush also.

Originally posted by anxiousmed
hey guys, i'm a reapplicant......FAITHFUL SDNER....i'm hoping this year is my year. I was wondering if any of you all have recieved interviews..and wouldn't mind sharing your stats (in state vs. out of state and school name) thanks a lot,
anxious

I received an interview invite a few weeks back from UIC. I'm trying to use this to get Loyola and Northwestern to process my application faster (so that maybe I can interview in multiple places when I visit). Loyola seemed a little more willing to accomodate my travel plans, but Northwestern did not offer much in the way of sympathy. I guess they expect us to be independently wealthy and unemployed...at the same time.

Out-of-state, Undergrad GPA ~ 3.3, Postbac GPA ~3.9, Grad GPA ~3.9, MCAT 35.

Good luck,
PD

I applied to UIC, NW, Loyola and Rush. I had most of my secondaries in by the end of August. I had my interview w/ Loyola this past Thurs, and thought it kicked @$$. Great facilities, really friendly people. I have an interview w/ Rush on Oct. 29. I haven't heard from UIC (and what's up w/ that? I go to UIUC!) or NW yet.

Anxiousmed - this year WILL be your year! Stay positive and good luck! :clap:

Stats: In-State, 3.84 undergrad GPA, 37P MCAT

Applied to UIC, Loyola, Rush, Northwestern

Interviewed at Loyola, scheduled to interview at Rush and UIC, haven't heard from NU.

To those waiting on UIC, I have a feeling they might process applications in the order they are received. When I called to schedule my interview, October was completely booked except for a day or two (at all 3 locations) - soonest I could get a date to fit was mid-november in Peoria.

I'll agree with the earlier post in regards to Loyola being an impressive school.

Stats: IL resident (UIUC student), 4.0, 38O Mcat

whyme, I'm IN the AP program right and still applying.....incase I get into another school before i have to finish THIS EXTREMELY COMPETITVE program...i have a embryology final in 15 days yikes!.....

To the rest of you all, THANKS FOR POSTING, lets try to keep this tread alive.....some of you have very impressive stats.......i was wondering did any of you receive your invites even though you took August? All the schools have my earlier score and i should be receiving the new one soon...just curious............how fast did you RUSH/UIC interview invites come after COMPLETING the secondary?

THanks a lot for the boost of confidence.........GOOOD LUCKKKK!!!
ANXIOUS

Applied to UIC, Rush, Loyola, NW, U of C

Interviewed at UIC 9/19
Rejected by NW, U of C
Under review at all other schools

uGPA 2.97, gGPA 3.92, MCAT 34

Had interview at UofC, applied to NU, still haven't heard back from them as for an interview.

I submitted everything by end of august. SIU and NU are the only 2 IL schools i'm not going for.

I'm 3.34/28S/ no grad school

I'm wondering if the fact I went to vandy will help my GPA out?

I haven't heard from anyone yet. )-: :(

Cheer up gumshoe!:) Just because people are getting early interviews doesn't mean you won't hear from schools soon. Any interview before January is considered early.

You'll hear from schools soon..I guarantee it! (But don't be surprised if you get rejected...I've received 6 so far.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dpark74
Cheer up gumshoe!:) Just because people are getting early interviews doesn't mean you won't hear from schools soon. Any interview before January is considered early.

You'll hear from schools soon..I guarantee it! (But don't be surprised if you get rejected...I've received 6 so far.)

you recieved 6 rejections so far???

I thought your stats were pretty decent.

Originally posted by agent
you recieved 6 rejections so far???

I thought your stats were pretty decent.

This is my first time applying...and without the help of any premed advisors. The schools were top 30 and I guess a little out of my league.

NU, U of C, Mayo, Stanford, WI, JHU...NO surprise, I guess.

It seems you guys have much bigger numbers than I do though!
I do have research, but still ... well, we'll see

What will be, will be ...

Gumshoe

(ps - do you think my going to vanderbilt is looked at as being more positive? just wondering -- cuz i think it should)

Originally posted by Gumshoe
It seems you guys have much bigger numbers than I do though!
I do have research, but still ... well, we'll see

What will be, will be ...

Gumshoe

(ps - do you think my going to vanderbilt is looked at as being more positive? just wondering -- cuz i think it should)

Of course the school's name will carry more weight.

All the other applicants have stellar numbers! GOTGIRTH..WOW...Did you have a social life? :D J/K

thats what i was think with gotgirth..

hopefully i can do well.

hey guys, well the "push" you're hoping for b/c you went to vanderbilt won't help you get the interview, it'll help you get in. I went to Harvard/UIC for my graduate work but that did not play a role last year until I was on all of those infamous waiting lists. I was told by most chicago schools that GPA, MCAT, and ECS are the only things that determine if an interview is granted. ...You could be a total bum in your LOR but that won't matter till after the interview. I'm hoping WE ALL get in and don't have to deal with waitlists...trust me on that one! ;) keep writing...
anxious

Originally posted by anxiousmed
hey guys, well the "push" you're hoping for b/c you went to vanderbilt won't help you get the interview, it'll help you get in. I went to Harvard/UIC for my graduate work but that did not play a role last year until I was on all of those infamous waiting lists. I was told by most chicago schools that GPA, MCAT, and ECS are the only things that determine if an interview is granted. ...You could be a total bum in your LOR but that won't matter till after the interview. I'm hoping WE ALL get in and don't have to deal with waitlists...trust me on that one! ;) keep writing...
anxious

Forgive me if I sound ******ed, but are you saying that LOR and the interview pretty much have the final say?

I hope and pray we all get in, also. I have faith in God that things will turn out for the best.

well...i'm not saying that gpa and mcat won't have a part in post interview...i'm just saying LOR/school you attended, etc. won't have a part...i had that faith last year...that's what keeping me sane this year!

Originally posted by dpark74

I hope and pray we all get in, also. I have faith in God that things will turn out for the best.

amen.

hopefully us all getting in will be a part of the "master plan"

All you guys with the mega-numbers have me scared $hitless.

4.0 and a 38O MCAT?!! :eek:

Well I know now that I ain't getting into UIC any time soon despite the fact I interviewed so early. I'm probably going to get waitlisted, I just know it.

On another note, I haven't gotten any other interviews and still have about 6 secondaries left to complete. I've been put on hold at several places which is not a good sign. Still haven't done Rush's secondary b/c it is such a pain in the ass but then again, I'm not particularly interested in going there. No news from Loyola either; I'm really hoping for a Loyola interview but I think I'm SOL there too.

This sucks.

Originally posted by Explosivo
All you guys with the mega-numbers have me scared $hitless.

This sucks.

Hey Explosivo!

I kinda know the feeling...but let's just wait until the 15th of October before we start sweating.

Take care

anxious,
won't you have to finish the ap program even if you get into another school before its completion? From what I've heard, if you're enrolled in a masters or degree granting program, it must be finished before matriculating to med school. However, post-bacc programs don't have to be completed.
Btw, I still haven't heard from you regarding the questions about your program.:(

Relax. Don't sweat until March and you find yourself on wait-lists. THEN is a good time to be scared, but until then I'm sure everything will work out for everyone.

I interview at siu (09/04), UIC, case (09/23). Have one at rush coming up next week. On hold at loyola. Haven't heard from NU yet...still under review. Got rejected from U of C. :(

it seems most IL ppl get rejected at UofC and NW

hey ni1980 what are your stats?

gpa:3.95; mcat 34 Q. Not as impressive as the other SDNers but will do.

Originally posted by Ni1980
gpa:3.95; mcat 34 Q. Not as impressive as the other SDNers but will do.

"will do" ... your gpa is fabulous and your mcat is v.good. keep in mind the super-sky-high #s are generally the exception. :) i know there are a lot of SDNers w/lower #s who are certainly getting in b/c of their ECs/experiences/dedication/you name it. many people on these boards would love your "will do" stats. i'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but i'd be careful if you're implying these #s are average.

and, once again, i reiterate that this whole friggin process is largely a crapshoot. :D

I'm an IL resident. Had interview at Vanderbilt, just got invited for one at U of C, still waiting on all of my other schools! My apps just got complete 3 weeks ago, so hopefully they'll start coming in!
good luck IL people, but screw the ILLINI, go BADGERS

Originally posted by GoodMonkey
"will do" ... your gpa is fabulous and your mcat is v.good. keep in mind the super-sky-high #s are generally the exception. :) i know there are a lot of SDNers w/lower #s who are certainly getting in b/c of their ECs/experiences/dedication/you name it. many people on these boards would love your "will do" stats. i'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but i'd be careful if you're implying these #s are average.

and, once again, i reiterate that this whole friggin process is largely a crapshoot. :D

yeah i wouldnt in anyway consider 3.9 / 34 average.

if i had those kind of marks id be estatic

hello, well, my UIC interview is tomorrow and Finch is next week. I'm a little nervous...if you ahve any last minute advice for me, SHOOT.

A little hope for some more average SDNer's

I have a Loyola Interview next wed, 10/13

out of state (michigan resident)/ 3.58/ 32P

I did write some killer essays on that secondary, and have been told i have good letters of rec., & E.C's

Good luck to everyone else

Joe

Originally posted by Ni1980
I interview at siu (09/04), UIC, case (09/23). Have one at rush coming up next week. On hold at loyola. Haven't heard from NU yet...still under review. Got rejected from U of C. :(

I haven't even taken the MCAT yet, but I was really interested in the Chicago schools and now see that someone with excellent numbers gets easily rejected. What is up with this???? I know the whole crapshoot theory but my gosh. Did you think you had good letters and good ec's ni1980??? Can others please comment on the difficulty of getting into some of these chicago schools??

i'm another out-of-stater. i interviewed at loyola a week ago. 3.77 gpa, 31P.

Rush interview 12/3
UIC (sent the secondary two weeks ago)
NU (no word, complete after august mcat)
Loyola(sent secondary yesterday)
UChicago(no word, complete after august mcat)

Vanderbilt (interview 2/14)
SLU(interview 11/26)

waiting on a ton of other schools

Good luck illinois peeps!~

Well, I find it funny how everyone defines average differently...

My story...most of my secondaries with the exception of U of C were completed in the end of Aug./early Sept..

I have been rejected from NU (went there undergrad, so nice of them) pre secondary. I had an interview and acceptance from Loyola (very impressive school!) and this week had my interview at Rush. I'm waiting on UIC and U of C. I also applied to Finch but I think I'm not considering that anymore.

Stats: 28MCAT, 3.6uGPA, instate, and all that other good stuff...

Good luck to all, and I am very happy to live in a state with such good schools!