Anyone rejected after an interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TODDS2BE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone got rejected after an interview? people talk about 1/3 chances but no one got rejected.. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i only got interviewed for the wait-list last year and everything went great - you really do only have a 1/3 chance at most schools - look for a masters program in medicine in case you don't get in (BMS at Wayne State University School of Meidcine) which is what i am currently doing. It is exactly the same thing that the first year medical school students are doing more or less and it is really impressive to the schools as long as you can keep good grades in a program at that level . . . they like to see that you can deal with the pressures of masters/m.d. level work (take atleast 10 masters credits). You will have no problem getting in as long as you can handle it.

If you go into your interview feeling confident and radiating your confidence, you should have no problem getting in. Believe in yourself- having a positive attitude is what gets you furthest! Go in and think, "okay- they're going to accept me."

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why you think people don't get rejected after interviews. There are only so many spots to go around, even if they do like you. Your chances are much better after an interview but it is in no way a given.

TODDS2BE said:
I was wondering if anyone got rejected after an interview? people talk about 1/3 chances but no one got rejected.. :confused:

I was rejected by Arizona after my interview there, so yes, it does happen.

Sprgrover said:
I was rejected by Arizona after my interview there, so yes, it does happen.

How long did it take for them to reject you. I am going on a month now so I am obviously a little eager to hear something.

TucsonDDS said:
How long did it take for them to reject you. I am going on a month now so I am obviously a little eager to hear something.

You also have to keep in mind when the admissions commitee meets. If they met right BEFORE your interview date, then it will take time for them to respond. I had my interview at VCU in January, and they told us that they wont even look at the file until Feb 28, because that is when the commitee meets next. They said then they will mail out stuff March 1st.

I know its hard, Im in the same boat, but dont worry as yet.