Anyone rejected from BU post Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JacqueCousteau

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering since the deferred decision email says something like-- 'be assured that your receiving a deferred decision means youre a competitive applicant at our school.' did everyone who didnt receive an acceptance get a deferred decision, or did they reject some people?

Members don't see this ad.

JacqueCousteau said:
I was just wondering since the deferred decision email says something like-- 'be assured that your receiving a deffered decision means youre a competitive applicant at our school.' did everyone who didnt receive an acceptance get a deferred decision, or did they reject some people?

did you interview in the winter or fall cycle (if you don't mind me asking)?

In the fall. The email that Im referring to is the one that they sent out to most people around Jan 10th or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview last week, they made it sound like no one got rejected from the fall batch, but got "deferred" ... those deferred and those interviewed in Jan-Feb will be considered together during their decision-making time in March. Then we'll all get a decision in late March (arrrrg, so long from now!) from one of three categories: 1) accepted, 2) wait-listed, 3) rejected. Confused? So am I.

Yeah, that makes sense seeing as how at least one person should have been rejected post interview if thats what they are doing....The email is sketchy though...

'Please be assured that the choice to defer a final decision on your application reflects our belief that you are a qualified and attractive candidate for admission. In our initial round of acceptances this month we are expecting to fill only a small portion of the class and have deferred only those applicants whom, like you, we expect could become successful and valued members of our school community.'

Probably not the case though.