anyone rejected from PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peace84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed at PCOM recently and am waiting for a decision. i was just wondering if anyone has been rejected post-interview. i would think that they accept most of the students they interview at this time of year. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting on an interview and wondering if they are gonna send anything to me at all. Ya know, no letter of we have all yur stuff, you're under review....nothing. Even though i called today and my file IS complete. Do they only send stuff if they want an interview?

i never received a complete notice. all i got was an email asking me to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
alohaknight1 said:
I'm still waiting on an interview and wondering if they are gonna send anything to me at all. Ya know, no letter of we have all yur stuff, you're under review....nothing. Even though i called today and my file IS complete. Do they only send stuff if they want an interview?

I applied to PCOM about 2.5 weeks ago and called today to check my file. They say it's complete. Waiting on an interview myself, though their communication is spotty...
3.3GPA/3.0 Science; 26 mcat (10V/9PS/7BS)

I interviewed oct 27th for pcom PA and i'm still waiting for an answer :) Hopefully we'll hear back by next week, since they promised by thanksgiving!

peace84 said:
i would think that they accept most of the students they interview at this time of year. thanks.

I am not convinced that this is completely the case. Dont most DO schools hold interviews into April, some even in May? The secondary application deadline for the majority of schools isnt until after the new year. Unfortunately, interview does not equal acceptance.

The adcome meets only once a month, so decisions/rejections get sent at the same time. Also, PCOM starts their interview season later than most and goes pretty much till april

Canuck99 said:
I am not convinced that this is completely the case. Dont most DO schools hold interviews into April, some even in May? The secondary application deadline for the majority of schools isnt until after the new year. Unfortunately, interview does not equal acceptance.

well i don't think all people interviewed are accepted. but everyone says you have a better chance of getting accepted if you interview earlier, so i think they accept a higher percentage of those interviewed now than they would in april.

I just interviewed on monday (11/14) at main campus. they said that the interviewers had to recommend interviewees for acceptance at the larger admissions commitee meeting later in the month. she said it would probably take place before thanksgiving, as they only meet once a month. we should know within the next few weeks. We (the interviewees) were told by a student that we had pretty good chances since we were interviewing before thanksgiving... although, i'm not completely relying on that information...

Good luck to you G.

Mind posting you stats and when you have your secondary app. completed?

hooperg said:
I applied to PCOM about 2.5 weeks ago and called today to check my file. They say it's complete. Waiting on an interview myself, though their communication is spotty...
3.3GPA/3.0 Science; 26 mcat (10V/9PS/7BS)

Yes, it is spotty

Although I am having the same experience at all 3 DO schools I applied to. They say being complete a month is not too long if you have not heard anything :confused:

This is good news indeed, as I interviewed at the GA campus Tuesday. I asked and she said interviews just started in mid-October, before my new MCAT was received.

I have good feelings about this one. :D

i got in!!!!!!!!!! just interviewed monday and got the acceptance today!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
peace84 said:
i got in!!!!!!!!!! just interviewed monday and got the acceptance today!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

you interviewed monday and got an acceptance four days later!??? wow..how is that possible if some people are still waiting ...when does the committee meet? i'm guessing they met after your interview this week...anyone have any idea on how pcom committee works with meetings after interview..is it twice a month once a month? later in the month, earlier in the month?

what were your stats.. congratulations by the the way!!!!!!

peace84 said:

Congratulations!!! :D :D :D

Mind posting/PMing me your stats? Also, when did you have your file complete? I mailed mine in 11/1 and they told me my application is complete and am still waiting...

shaggy411 said:
you interviewed monday and got an acceptance four days later!??? wow..how is that possible if some people are still waiting ...when does the committee meet? i'm guessing they met after your interview this week...anyone have any idea on how pcom committee works with meetings after interview..is it twice a month once a month? later in the month, earlier in the month?

what were your stats.. congratulations by the the way!!!!!!

Yeah, and I wonder if the committee decides both who to accept and who to grant interviews to in the same meeting. Anyone PCOM people know when they meet?

i was told they meet once a month and to expect to hear within 4 weeks. they said it probably wouldn't be any earlier, so i was really shocked. mcat 28 gpa 3.6 sci 3.5

peace84 said:
i was told they meet once a month and to expect to hear within 4 weeks. they said it probably wouldn't be any earlier, so i was really shocked. mcat 28 gpa 3.6 sci 3.5

is pcom your first choice? are you awaiting other schools, or are you going to take the acceptance and attend pcom?

Those are fantastic stats- no wonder you got in;-) You could probably easily get into any DO school you want.

not sure yet, although i really loved PCOM. i applied to about 10 schools and i'm still waiting to hear from all of them. i'm gonna submit the deposit in Dec. and wait to see what happens.

peace84 said:
not sure yet, although i really loved PCOM. i applied to about 10 schools and i'm still waiting to hear from all of them. i'm gonna submit the deposit in Dec. and wait to see what happens.

I am really OCD about PCOM and was just curious if you could look back and see the day and time of day when you received the interview invite email from PCOM?

Every time my email sound goes off I get excited;-)

Thanks!

sure, it was at 1:32 pm on Mon, Nov 7.

Well then my guess is that the adcom probably meets on Fridays, and sends out the emails on the following Monday after lunch.

Hopefully I will hear something on Monday!

Thanks again and congratulations again on acceptance!

Hmm....i interviewed on Oct 17th and am still waiting to hear back...my stats are pretty solid, so i'm getting kinda worried now!
mcat 32 sci gpa 3.2 overall 3.5

peace84 said:

ME TOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY GOT BACK TO US SO EARLY! Interview monday, 11/14, ACCEPTANCE by 11/18! The date of the letter says wed. the 16th, so the commitee must have met sooner than we thought! I'm ecstatic!

Did all the people who interviewed on monday already get back letters? Do they send out acceptances before they send out rejections, or do all the letters go out at the same time? I was under the impression that they meet once and then send out all the letters, rejection or acceptance, at the same time. Is this true? Anyone who didn't interview on this past monday hear anything back?
I'm kind of annoyed now...i've been waiting for 4 weeks, and i live 15 minutes away from the GA campus....if they send out all the letters at once I should have gotten one by now...sigh, oh well..maybe there'll be something in the mail tomorrow..

Tallulah said:
Hmm....i interviewed on Oct 17th and am still waiting to hear back...my stats are pretty solid, so i'm getting kinda worried now!
mcat 32 sci gpa 3.2 overall 3.5

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. With those stats, I'll eat my hat if you don't get in.

G. Willie said:
ME TOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY GOT BACK TO US SO EARLY! Interview monday, 11/14, ACCEPTANCE by 11/18! The date of the letter says wed. the 16th, so the commitee must have met sooner than we thought! I'm ecstatic!

Congratulations! Mind posting your stats?

Tallulah said:
Did all the people who interviewed on monday already get back letters? Do they send out acceptances before they send out rejections, or do all the letters go out at the same time? I was under the impression that they meet once and then send out all the letters, rejection or acceptance, at the same time. Is this true? Anyone who didn't interview on this past monday hear anything back?
I'm kind of annoyed now...i've been waiting for 4 weeks, and i live 15 minutes away from the GA campus....if they send out all the letters at once I should have gotten one by now...sigh, oh well..maybe there'll be something in the mail tomorrow..

Does this even apply to the GA campus?

congrats gwillie. which one were you at the interview? and are you going to pcom?

also, i dont think this applies to the GA campus. and if you didn't get a letter today it could come tomorrow because it was postmarked the 17th.

The way they explained it to us at the interview was that they meet once in the middle of the month to make the decisions and then send something out. So I would hope this applies to GA PCOM since it was what they said.
and yeah, we'll all probably get something tomorrow or monday.
Congrats to you both, btw!! atlanta's awesome :)

Congratulations on your acceptances peace84 & G.Willie :D :D

Was the acceptance letter thin?

Thank you. I haven't seen it yet because it went to my parents house and my mom opened it, but she said it was thick and that's how she knew it was an acceptance. Also, another came with it. Some sort of invitation.

I interviewed on 11/10. I waiting for the mail to come to see the results.

Also, another came with it. Some sort of invitation.

The invitation is for the Admitted Student Welcome Luncheon and Lecture on Friday, December 9th from noon to 3pm.

Congrats to those recently accepted!

Little Bear-
Regular sized envelope, but quite thick. I interviewed the same day as you, so stop reading this and go check your mail. :)

I got a thin one. The committee on admissions decided to delay a decision on my application for admission.

Little Bear said:
I got a thin one. The committee on admissions decided to delay a decision on my application for admission.

How did they define "delay"? What are your stats? Thanks!

JKDMed said:
I didn't get anything. WVSOM did this to me. More annoying than a rejection in my opinion.

Hey JKDMED, just curious, did you get an acceptance to WVSOM?

JKDMED, just out of curiousity, when did u interview?

WVSOM has yet to make a decision, placing me into the, "decision deferred" pile. I know what it literally means, but have yet to get an answer to what it *really* means. It isn't numbers, because all of mine are well above the school's average.

I'm glad I wasn't accepted right away, because I like PCOM-GA a whole lot more.

Dr Trek1

My second MCAT was a 31, 11P 10V 10B. My first was 27, 9P 9V 9B. My sci GPA is a 2.9 and my cum GPA ia 2.8 with a post bac of GPA 3.57. My undergraduate major was an engineering major.

I think it means that when the admissions committee meets in December, they will look over my application along with those of the new candidates who have interviewed since the last admission committee meeting, and will continue to review until they will determine the final disposition of my application.

I'm not in but I'm not out either...having been in the military I am used to the hurry up and wait routine.

Little Bear said:
Congratulations on your acceptances peace84 & G.Willie :D :D

Was the acceptance letter thin?

Yeah, the official letter was thin, and since it came so fast i was completely convinced it was a rejection letter. Then I saw a smaller envelope with PCOM's staple on the header, which puzzled me a little. I went through the roof when i saw the words "admitted student luncheon." By the way, this is for the philly campus.

Stats: 25N, 3.43 cum, 3.3 sci, 4 years of tech work in ER + well rounded background.

I also have a question for all others who were interviewed. Did anyone else get asked about the other schools you applied to and if you had any other interviews yet? After they asked me this, they wrote down every school i applied to and put check marks next to the ones i have interviews at. Talk about being put on the hot seat. Guess it doesn't matter now! :thumbup:

yea they asked me the same question. i was worried that they wouldn't admit me b/c i applied to allopathic as well but it didn't matter.

they just want to know who their competition is. When i told them, they actually asked me to wait for their decision before accepting the other schools I interviewed at. Generally, it is a good sign when they ask it at PCOM.

I got into PCOM-PA, my 1st choice :)
yay

When did all of you who have been accepted finish all of your application stuff. both primary and secondary. I feel as though I have waited a very long time since I turned in my secondary and have not even been invited for an interview. I already have acceptances at two other schools and would really like to hear from PCOM. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.