Anyone taking AP Environmental?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you learn in that class? And is it difficult?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken it, but it'd probably be a lot easier if you went and talked to the teacher about it straight up. And if you decided to take the class, you'd already sort of know him and you could build on it.

I am taking it right now. It is in fact my only favorite class of senior year (besides AP Spanish). The things that we learn in this class is very "life-changing" to me as a person.
These are the things you learn as outlined by my textbook:
-Human and Sustainability (very eye opening)
-Ecosystems & how they work (a fresh review of your previous bio class)
-Human Population & its impact on the environment (we learned about like pollutions, dead zones, deforestation, etc.)
-Evolution & Biodiversity
-Science, Systems, Matter, and Energy (very boring... intended as a review of all your basic science knowledge)
-Aquatic Life/Terrestrial Life
-Lots and lots of case study
-Soil
-Energy efficiency
....and finally, how politics effect environmental policies

So basically, expect to learn everything about life on Earth. I really like the class mainly because it a class where you learn facts that can actually be applied to real life situations. It is a very eye-opener class, and it helps me be involved in all these political issues concerning the environment.

However, Crazyday is correct in saying that you should definitely ask your teacher. My class may be different than yours (however, since it's an AP class and we're all taking the same AP exam, I sure hope we're all learning the same thing :rolleyes:). But yeah, I would definitely give this course an A+ due to the amazing teacher, the fabulous course curriculum, and the great discussions that we have everyday.

P.S.- My class is VERY easy because I already knew all of these stuff (i took AP chem and bio and did a bunch of science fair experiments regarding all the topics that we studied); but there were alot of people who struggled in my class. You should talk to the teacher; and if you're the type of person who worries more about your school grade instead of learning to apply your knowledge to the AP exam then ask her/him what the percentage of kids who come out getting an A is. For my school, AP Environmental Science had the second lowest number of students with As after AP Bio.... but i did fine so idk about those people :laugh: