anyone use course hero?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobbler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if it is a scam or something. These sites always look very suspicious. Curious about your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's crap, i uploaded stuff that there was nothing for my school. so... yeah.

Gotta love premeds finding a shortcut for everything. :laugh:

at my school, using past exams w/o the permission from the professor is considered cheating. it kinda is, but then some professors shouldn't let past exams leave with students.

BEWARE ... it is a scam. I registered in Feb thinking I could get some good study notes. I found that it wasn't worth anything and have been trying to cancel my membership since then. I've had $9.95 charged to my credit card each month ... it's been a nightmare to STOP THE MADNESS!

BEWARE ... it is a scam. I registered in Feb thinking I could get some good study notes. I found that it wasn't worth anything and have been trying to cancel my membership since then. I've had $9.95 charged to my credit card each month ... it's been a nightmare to STOP THE MADNESS!

Just call your credit card company, explain the situation, and have them block charges from this site.

at my school, using past exams w/o the permission from the professor is considered cheating. it kinda is, but then some professors shouldn't let past exams leave with students.

My institution is the same. I completely disagree with rules like this. Using previous exams shouldn't be considered cheating. It's a valuable learning tool. It's the professors fault for failing to come with new questions if they decide to let students keep exams/finals. I know over time it gets difficult to create something new, but I don't think that's an excuse. The professor I TAed for consistently came up with unique exams each semester. A lot of professors are lazy though.

why pay for something when you get something reliable and immensely useful for free?

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm

its free and its got multiple semesters worth of full classes (problem sets, tests, sometimes lecture notes). all this material is directly from professors and something that's really cool is that the chem lab classes have instructional videos for techniques. no more botched silica gel columns, yay!

unless you're only looking for stuff from your institute in which case this is kinda useless if you're not at MIT.

Last edited:
My institution is the same. I completely disagree with rules like this. Using previous exams shouldn't be considered cheating. It's a valuable learning tool. It's the professors fault for failing to come with new questions if they decide to let students keep exams/finals. I know over time it gets difficult to create something new, but I don't think that's an excuse. The professor I TAed for consistently came up with unique exams each semester. A lot of professors are lazy though.

Some professors are so lazy when it comes to making new exams that they create totally absurd and unfair exam formats. One class had midterms where there are 33 MCs and half the questions cover only 3/20 different topics we learned. Another class had free response only where each question is worth 40pts each with no subquestions to help get partial credit.

why pay for something when you get something reliable and immensely useful for free?

Agreed. If you search around, I am sure you will find plenty of free services out there. For example, Koofers.com is one that I have heard gain some recent popularity, though I have yet to try it.

Expertsmind.com offers instant online tutoring sessions and assignment help service in all academic subjects, business studies and engineering subjects with best online support form qualified and experienced experts.

http://www.expertsmind.com/

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm

its free and its got multiple semesters worth of full classes (problem sets, tests, sometimes lecture notes). all this material is directly from professors and something that's really cool is that the chem lab classes have instructional videos for techniques. no more botched silica gel columns, yay!

unless you're only looking for stuff from your institute in which case this is kinda useless if you're not at MIT.

Thank god for that spam. I would have never found this.

A+ work.