Anyone used the free practice materials available from the USMLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amsfromanams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone else has used the free, downloadable "practice material" available on the USMLE's Step 2 CK website? It's set up just like an NBME with 4 available practice blocks, but doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) provide a projected score, just the number/percentage you got correct.

While working through it, I thought that the blocks were easier than those on the NBME forms available for purchase, but I can't tell if it's because I'm actually retaining the material, or because the content is easier. Haven't seen many references to it else where on the Step II board, would love to hear your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I did it and thought it was helpful. The fact that this practice exam has abstract/drug adds/ and heart and video questions is reason enough to give it an attempt and get a feel for how the questions may look on the exam.

the content is easier, and i think the stems are shorter. But none the less! It's always a benefit to do.

Last edited:
Is there a correlation with the scores or anyway to get a 3 digit score from the free exam?

I want to take one more practice test and already bought the UWSA not sure if I should also do the free test, any thoughts?

Also, do you guys know if there is a way to take the test on a MAC ?