Anyone Using Crack the Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I started using Crack the Science, and the questions seem really difficult :( In my opinion, the questions are quite different from the Destroyer stuff and the topics covered in Chad's videos... Do any of you feel the same way? My test day is coming up soon, and I'm not sure what's a good representation of the actual DAT anymore.... For those who have already taken it, what source is the best representation (difficulty, types of questions, etc.) of the real DAT?

Please help me!!!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Crack the science is horrible practice, i was getting 15's on crack the science TS and got a 21 TS on the real exam...use TOPSCORE, NOT ACHIEVER. ACHIEVER sucks, way too difficult relative to the DAT. CRACK THE PAT AND CRACK THE MATH was very useful. also use the DESTROYER for math and chem, but i didnt really use it for the science ( too specific I thought).

Is Topscore the one with 3 full-length practice tests? Does it come with more practice questions or is it just the 3 tests?

Thanks!

its the one with 3 exams...it does not come with any other practice, its 3 exams only. the exams are great practice

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah Crack Science sucks. Its way to hard. Do chads videos along with his quizzes then take TopScore when you are close to taking your test.

Since I already bought the 10 tests for Crack the Science, I'm just looking through the questions. And there's a lot of organic chem. rxns that I've never seen before... I studied the "Road Maps" from the Destroyer so far; do you think this is enough or should I become more familiar with the rare rxns? Also, how does the real DAT write out the rxn questions (like multiple rxn arrows in a row with reagents on top of each of them, or a list of reagents, etc.)? And I've seen questions on some practice exams that give the final product and ask for the initial structure or even the structure of an "in-between step." Have you guys encountered such questions before?

Yeah Crack Science sucks. Its way to hard. Do chads videos along with his quizzes then take TopScore when you are close to taking your test.

Definitely agree, I choose to do DAT Destroyer on top of Chad's videos and Kaplan online. I bought achiever but didn't use it, I agree that topscore is most similar to the DAT.