Anyone watch Grey's Anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

humuhumu

nukunuku apua'a
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Premier was last Sunday. Not outstanding but entertaining. Kind of a dumbed-down ER with a hint of Alley McBeal. I'm hoping the characters become less two-dimensional as the plot evolves.

What I'd like to know: is a real surgery residency anything like that? Is it really all about "playing the game" and kissing ass and titanic egos butting heads? If so, why does a profession centered on health engage in so many physically and psychologically unhealthy practices?

Members don't see this ad.

watched, it had its points.

First few episodes of a new series tend to suck. After it it continues like the series premire did, I prob won't watch it again.

As for the surgery residency thing, yeah, that seemed a bit extreme. But supposdly thats what its like, I've been told. I have no first hand experience though.

humuhumu said:
Premier was last Sunday. Not outstanding but entertaining. Kind of a dumbed-down ER with a hint of Alley McBeal. I'm hoping the characters become less two-dimensional as the plot evolves.

What I'd like to know: is a real surgery residency anything like that? Is it really all about "playing the game" and kissing ass and titanic egos butting heads? If so, why does a profession centered on health engage in so many physically and psychologically unhealthy practices?

I have heard that surgery res. is rediculous, but not in the sense of trying to out-do everyone else. More for the workload and crap you take from attendings, senior residents... General surgery is only five years though, I think they are neurosurgens on the show. They mentioned "this is your playing field for the next SEVEN years..." That would be neurosurg.

Members don't see this ad :)
iatrosB said:
I have heard that surgery res. is rediculous, but not in the sense of trying to out-do everyone else. More for the workload and crap you take from attendings, senior residents... General surgery is only five years though, I think they are neurosurgens on the show. They mentioned "this is your playing field for the next SEVEN years..." That would be neurosurg.

A lot of gen surgeons take 7 years though b/c they do two years of research to avoid going insane.

I TiVo'ed it and thought it was entretaining. There's no way I would've reacted like Cristina did after Meredith pulled off what she did. She would've landed in my :thumbdown: list.

Status
Not open for further replies.