Anyone who interviewed Nov. 15th get love from Baylor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything yet!

Members don't see this ad.

I think Indy did, check the acceptances thread.

Just to warn you, be prepared to wait. I'm still waiting from 9/27.

Isnt Baylor semi-rolling in that they take a few candidates from each wave of apps, and then takes a whole ton of them towards the end of the process? I seem to remember this, but Im not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gleevec is correct. Baylor accepts some candidates 2 weeks after the interview (not sure how many of the 40 interviewees are accepted at this point), and another set in March.

I interviewed on 11/8 (Friday), received a phone call from Dr. Bradshaw on 11/21 (Thursday), and received the actual letter today (11/25).

So longhorn, if you interviewed on Friday 11/15, don't sweat it. 2 weeks from then would make it this Thursday evening, but since it's Thanksgiving you probably shouldn't expect a call till Monday. Good luck!

Haha, I'm being neurotic too. I was there on Nov. 15, and I just logged onto SDN to see if there was any news yet, and then I saw this thread. I bet Indy's right - the earliest people from our batch might hear is the week after Thanksgiving.

I interviewed Nov. 15th...haven't received any notice either way. I called the admissions office today; they said that "no decision" had been made about my application.

devildc, i pm'd you

I interviewed the 15th. No word here either. Did you actually call to find out your acceptance status??? I didn't know that you could call about that stuff.

I imagine Friday will be first word???

Dynastar, I called Baylor to make sure a missing transcript had been received. The person I talked to was very nice though, and volunteered the information about my application status.

Ah, I see.

By the way, how did your/everyone's interviews go??? Is it anyone's first choice??

I was very impressed and was amazed I even got an interview. Mine went well I think. They didn't give me any funny looks or anything. No real hiccups during the interview either. The MD I interviewed with even said I'd do well there if I got in. I wanted to say, "Well then go help me get in!!" Hehe. Anyway, was just wondering how the day was for you all as well.

Hey everyone,
I also haven't heard any word about acceptances. But did anyone get anything regarding residency? Do you think it's a good sign or a sign at all?
CONGRATS INDY! That is awesome! :clap:

No, I haven't heard anything from them - sorry to make you guys jump by bumping this thread to the top. But I just read this, which was interesting, even if it's from 1997. Dr. Hill (the pediatric nephrologist who talked to us at the beginning of the interview day) says GPA/MCAT only account for 1/3 of your ranking score, and the other 2/3 is from the interview and the rest of your app.

http://www.bcm.tmc.edu/baylormed/02_97/page_08.html

Oh, and according to this link, there are 14 total interview days with ~45 applicants each.

http://www.cbu.edu/~seisen/CadSu0203.htm#Baylor

And Texasgal, I haven't received anything from Baylor regarding residency or anything else.

Great links mystic. Thanks!

Glad you liked the links, cabruen.

I still haven't heard anything from Baylor. I guess I may not hear until spring then. But who knows?