Anyone willing to share PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosco

Live Free or Die
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that were accepted to a pharmacy school would you be willing to share your personal statement? I would like to see the format and ideas you expressed in hopes it could help me develop my own. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

bananaface said:
Most people do not share their essays, as they fear being plagurized.

If that were true then why have others asked in this forum for someone to read their personal statement?

I haven't gotten in by I will share mine. Maybe you can give me pointers. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
mosco said:
For those that were accepted to a pharmacy school would you be willing to share your personal statement? I would like to see the format and ideas you expressed in hopes it could help me develop my own. Thanks :)

I know that there are people willing to look at your ps and give you pointers. However, you have to start with something. Dig deep and figure out why you chose pharmacy. Maybe start with a list and then make those ideas into sentences. Once you have a start, you just need someone to help you organize your thoughts into a coherent ps. :thumbup:

jalba22 said:
If that were true then why have others asked in this forum for someone to read their personal statement?

I haven't gotten in by I will share mine. Maybe you can give me pointers. :thumbup:
Ah. I should have said they don't like to submit them by solicitation. Alot of people want feedback, but typically want it done by already admitted students, so they don't have to worry that their essay will be used by someone else applying to the same school. I'm not saying that everyone is dishonest, just that it is a legitimate concern for many users.

bananaface said:
Ah. I should have said they don't like to submit them by solicitation. Alot of people want feedback, but typically want it done by already admitted students, so they don't have to worry that their essay will be used by someone else applying to the same school. I'm not saying that everyone is dishonest, just that it is a legitimate concern for many users.

Initially, I felt your comment was extremely judgemental but I can appreciate what you are saying. Hell I don't need to plagarize. For that matter I could find someone to write it for me. But my intention is to find out the themes and directions taken by those who got in. I didn't want to have to ask (but maybe someone would want to) someone to write to me regarding the above mentioned themes because I wasn't sure one would want to spend the time to write their ideas down for me (just easier to PM their PS I thought) I have started my PS (which I would be willing to provide [really rough draft]).

Anyway thanks for clearing it up for me. ;)

I needed a starting point. It was hard to just get started. I looked on the web for some examples. then I dig dip into my personal toolbox.
There is also a bunch how to write winning essays books.
That will start your juices flowing and keep you away from copying.

mosco said:
Initially, I felt your comment was extremely judgemental but I can appreciate what you are saying. Hell I don't need to plagarize. For that matter I could find someone to write it for me. But my intention is to find out the themes and directions taken by those who got in. I didn't want to have to ask (but maybe someone would want to) someone to write to me regarding the above mentioned themes because I wasn't sure one would want to spend the time to write their ideas down for me (just easier to PM their PS I thought) I have started my PS (which I would be willing to provide [really rough draft]).

Anyway thanks for clearing it up for me. ;)
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound as if I was implying you specifically were looking for something to plagurize.

I have read a ton of essays for pre-pharmacy students and can probably give you some general ideas. (I stopped reading because I am burned out on it.) Basically, what you put in the essay really depends on the prompt. Some people talk about personality traits and activities, others share a story or life experience. Some just answer the question straight up. The whole idea is to sell yourself to the adcom. There is nothing wrong with any approach as long as it is responsive to the prompt. What is the prompt for the essay you are trying to write?