anyone worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duck2005

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you all starting to realize, as time passes, that so much of the test was a blur? That kind of worries me. Particularly VR. I'm starting to wonder if I just guessed through the entire section, b/c everything seems like a blur. The rare questions i do remember answering, I wonder if I had any good reason for selecting my answer. Did testtakers feel this way last year? Were the scores pleasant surprises?

Members don't see this ad.

duck2005 said:
Are you all starting to realize, as time passes, that so much of the test was a blur? That kind of worries me. Particularly VR. I'm starting to wonder if I just guessed through the entire section, b/c everything seems like a blur. The rare questions i do remember answering, I wonder if I had any good reason for selecting my answer. Did testtakers feel this way last year? Were the scores pleasant surprises?

Man I thought I was the only one! =P Yea, I feel the same way.

duck2005 said:
Don't worry man. After I finised the MCAT last April, I had serious trouble even remembering entire passages, especially VR. It was like my brain went on autopilot during the actual test, so it felt like a total blur. But then my scores came back in June and I certainly couldn't complain. I think a lot of people are in your/our shoes. Just remember that most of them end up doing fine. My best advice is to focus on other aspects of your life for now until June 17 or thereabouts. Good luck. :luck:

I feel the same exact way.. I'm reading a lot of posts where people are recalling exact passages and questions, and I can hardly remember anything specific. I'm trying to just stay confident in that I answered all the questions to the best of my ability. Don't think about it for now, it'll just stress you out for no good reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
duck2005 said:

I'm feeling about the same. The whole test is mostly one big suppressed memory. I was telling a friend that the whole test might as well have been a dream because that is about how much of it that I remember.

I feel this way, too, especially about the verbal. On test day and the day after, I felt poorly about how I performed, but now I can't remember how badly I did. It is just a blur.

For me at least the less I remembered/worried about after taking a practice test, the better I tended to have done. I think you only remember the questions you had trouble with and had to really think through, and those are the ones that really weigh on your mind. It's probably not necessarily a bad sign to not remember the test; it's like in sports when you just "get in the zone". Everything is automatic and you kick ass.

So don't worry too much :).

Feel the same way... I think I could focus during the exam, maybe I felt so good after it was over... (not because i thought i did well, happy because i was done studying and the weight is gone for now), perhaps my brain took feeling good afterwards as it being a horrible experience. Perhaps it has blocked it out of my memory. As long as I did well, I don't really care.

Chill out guys :cool:
It is a very frustrating experience, but remember getting a little lower or higher score is fine. it's just another test that is far more important than any other you have taken so far :smuggrin:
j/k
seriously chill. YOU TRIED YOUR BEST TO GET THE SCORE YOU COULD. :thumbup:

duck2005 said:
Are you all starting to realize, as time passes, that so much of the test was a blur? That kind of worries me.

I feel the exact same way as well. I have this feeling that I spent all my time filling in the bubbles and can't really remember how I answered any of the questions. This is making studying for finals way too difficult.

I took mine in 2001, and all I remember is that I got a question about a rattlesnake's a$$. Sad thing is, that's all I could remember a week after I took it. Point being, everyone feels this way; you spent 7 hours taking a horrible exam! Are you actually upset that you can't remember it? :laugh:

Good luck to all.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My organic prof was really interested in how it went and asked about all the organic questions, but I could only remember one of them... I had form EG and I don't think I had a single question or passage in common with any of the posts on SDN. I think I did well, but the specifics are all gone.

This whole process is just making me feel really sick. I think (I am certainin fact) that I did very poorly, but I just want to know so I can accept it and get mentally prepared for August.

lol
Same thing here. looks like i'm going to do poorly. Feel like a 22-26. Praying for at least 30 with 10's across. Otherwise repeating this friggin' ordeal in August. No worries anymore, I have to be optimistic that my VR and PS guesses were right afterwards . . . I look dumb guys.