instigata

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hey,

I wanted to know if there was some way you could tell a medical school you will attend there if they accept you. I know this is possible when you are on the wait list, but what about post-secondary/interview stage?

Thanks

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
instigata said:
Hey,

I wanted to know if there was some way you could tell a medical school you will attend there if they accept you. I know this is possible when you are on the wait list, but what about post-secondary/interview stage?

Thanks
You can tell them anytime you want, but they won't accept you based on what you tell them.

About the Ads

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
debatable yes, but ive certainly come across a few SDNers and a few people i know personally who have had personalized, positive responses to their LOI's. So if you're asking if they're read, they certainly are if you address it to the right people/person. Will it affect your app? Debatable, probbaly not to any significant degree, but it will make you memorable if you make your LOI stand out. If it wont hurt, just send one ;)

Oculus Sinistra

Finish it.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
instigata said:
Hey,

Thanks

Yeah, just the letter of intent I think.

"Dear Dean of Admissions (hi!),

I get something in my pocket every time I think about your medical school.

That's right. It's exactly what you're thinking.

Please please admit me. It's getting hard to walk. It's like carrying a tree trunk down the street.

Sincerely,

Chris Dave

P.S. It's in your power to make it DR.Chris Dave. Think about that."

There are obviously variations on the core message here.

OP
instigata

instigata

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status
Medical Student
thanks for your responses.

This sounds like it wouldn't hurt, especially if you have your heart set on a school.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I keep telling UCSF that, but they keep coming back at me with "MCAT" and "Secondary" and blah blah blah...

About the Ads