Anything like this exist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I wanted to know if there was some way you could tell a medical school you will attend there if they accept you. I know this is possible when you are on the wait list, but what about post-secondary/interview stage?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

instigata said:
Hey,

I wanted to know if there was some way you could tell a medical school you will attend there if they accept you. I know this is possible when you are on the wait list, but what about post-secondary/interview stage?

Thanks

You can tell them anytime you want, but they won't accept you based on what you tell them.

It's called a letter of intent, and you can certainly write one before a waitlist.

It is debatable how useful they are, but it couldn't hurt you. Unless you change your mind. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
debatable yes, but ive certainly come across a few SDNers and a few people i know personally who have had personalized, positive responses to their LOI's. So if you're asking if they're read, they certainly are if you address it to the right people/person. Will it affect your app? Debatable, probbaly not to any significant degree, but it will make you memorable if you make your LOI stand out. If it wont hurt, just send one ;)

instigata said:
Hey,

Thanks

Yeah, just the letter of intent I think.

"Dear Dean of Admissions (hi!),

I get something in my pocket every time I think about your medical school.

That's right. It's exactly what you're thinking.

Please please admit me. It's getting hard to walk. It's like carrying a tree trunk down the street.

Sincerely,

Chris Dave

P.S. It's in your power to make it DR.Chris Dave. Think about that."

There are obviously variations on the core message here.

thanks for your responses.

This sounds like it wouldn't hurt, especially if you have your heart set on a school.

I keep telling UCSF that, but they keep coming back at me with "MCAT" and "Secondary" and blah blah blah...