AP Credit adjustment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

I have an AP credit in psychology yet am taking it now, my sophomore year of college. If this AP credit is requested to be deleted from my transcript, will this look bad on a dental school application? That is, will it look the same as a W on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an AP credit in psychology yet am taking it now, my sophomore year of college. If this AP credit is requested to be deleted from my transcript, will this look bad on a dental school application? That is, will it look the same as a W on my transcript?
Wait! You can request to have a course deleted from your transcript?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the purpose of having it deleted in the first place? It's definitely not a bad thing to have.

What is the purpose of having it deleted in the first place? It's definitely not a bad thing to have.

I'm taking a psychology class right now and the university says that I can't have this class' credit and the AP credit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm taking a psychology class right now and the university says that I can't have this class' credit and the AP credit

That's weird, I never heard of a college with a policy like that. In that case, talk to your school advisor, they'll have a definitive answer.

Sometimes dental schools won't accept AP credit in lieu of taking an actual college class. Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable to actually take a course for which you have already received AP credit. At some schools, you only have your first semester to request that unwanted AP and/or transfer credits get removed (because some institutions charge higher tuition after you reach a certain number of credits and they don't want you to try to lower your tuition when you reach that point). And yes, there are cases where courses cannot be repeated for additional credits, and taking a course for which you already received AP credit counts as repeating a course. In such cases, you will receive a grade, but the institution will figure out a way to ensure that you are not receiving the credit twice.

Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes dental schools won't accept AP credit in lieu of taking an actual college class. Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable to actually take a course for which you have already received AP credit. At some schools, you only have your first semester to request that unwanted AP and/or transfer credits get removed (because some institutions charge higher tuition after you reach a certain number of credits and they don't want you to try to lower your tuition when you reach that point). And yes, there are cases where courses cannot be repeated for additional credits, and taking a course for which you already received AP credit counts as repeating a course. In such cases, you will receive a grade, but the institution will figure out a way to ensure that you are not receiving the credit twice.

Thanks a ton! Clears up a lot