AP credit for math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b2sun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've taken Calc BC as a hs student and was able to pass out of two quarters of math at my college (Math20a/Math20b @ucsd). I've taken a course in multivariable calc here too for a quarter, which fulfill's UCSD's requirement of one year of math. However i heard that med schools sometimes require a year of math too, does the AP credit + that one quarter satisfy this requirement? Oh and i guess i also took AP stats, but i figure if ap calc doesnt count then ap stats wont either :p. Id be totally fine with taking more math, except it's arleady been 3 years and im totally not in the mindset to be differentiating and integrating anymore -_____-..... TOO OLD FOR THAT ISH NOW.

I used the search function but it seems like the previous topics werent exactly what im asking (they were mostly people who wanted to skip math altogether i think, however im tired as hell and i havent slept so i could be wrong!). Either that or they were posted in 2004 and im not too keen on trusting something 5 years ago.

Thanks for your help guys :D

Members don't see this ad.

The year of math is actually a (comparatively) rare requirement. Many places are happy with a semester, AP credit, or just stats.

Do yourself a favor and check the requirements at a few of the schools you're thinking of applying to. If they're places like Harvard, you're probably going to have to get a year of college calculus under your belt. But the vast majority may already be happy with what you've got - in which case, you can check the box and move on.