Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AP heck & fast-track post-bacc

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by usethe4ce, Nov 20, 2005.

1. usethe4ce

usethe4ce Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i didn't get if you need labs. if not, bio, chem, org, and comp is doable. although chem is a prereq for orgo they should let you take it. but if you start this spring, you still have next year, you can apply w/o all your classes done so there is plenty of time, you have 1.5 years to finish.

4. little_late_MD

little_late_MD Ready To Jump
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The minimum requirements require two semesters of bio, physics, and chem with a lab . This is not a requirement that can be waived. Your best bet is to call a premed advisor at your undergrad (or really any school you might want to go to) to figure out if you need to take the classes that go with the lab, or if your clep credit will exempt you from that. My feeling (for what it's worth) is that you're actually going to have to take these classes along with the labs.

5. usethe4ce

usethe4ce Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Labs were odd at my university. Physics had separate lab courses, which are the only labs I ever took. Chem had the labs included in the main course, so I got credit for both. Bio had no labs whatsoever. If it came to just needing the Chem & Bio labs, I could perhaps pick them up at someplace that offers them separately.

madonna, that's something I hadn't really considered. I can apply with some of my prerequisites missing and just say I'm going to take them in my glide year? Sure, that would be plenty of time.