AP / High school on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlephiLLy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, i just want to make sure: i have listed the AP classes and college classes taken in high school on amcas with no grade. they appear on my college transcript with no grade. is this ok or should i just take them off so i don't encounter any problems. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

there should be a check mark at the bottom with "ap" or something. and yea, leave the grade blank.

yeesh, read the amcas directions. They tell you to put all AP courses under your freshman year and NOT your high school. Don't believe me? Go to pg. 39.

You're welcome ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question too. I've just been browsing through various med school websites, and saw that Columbia does not accept AP credits for prerequisites. Are there any other schools like this?

Also, I don't know how many of you would know about this question, but it's worth asking anyway. I got my bio and English credits through IB, not AP... am I able to submit them as IB on the AMCAS, or do I have to say they're AP and explain later? (I am a bio major, so I will be taking additional biology classes, but I have only taken one additional English class that was required for my major, and most colleges require two, so I wouldn't have that as a backup).

Thanks for anyone who helps. :)

mvenus929 said:
I have a question too. I've just been browsing through various med school websites, and saw that Columbia does not accept AP credits for prerequisites. Are there any other schools like this?

Also, I don't know how many of you would know about this question, but it's worth asking anyway. I got my bio and English credits through IB, not AP... am I able to submit them as IB on the AMCAS, or do I have to say they're AP and explain later? (I am a bio major, so I will be taking additional biology classes, but I have only taken one additional English class that was required for my major, and most colleges require two, so I wouldn't have that as a backup).

I am in the same situation in regards to IB- all my "AP" credits are actually IB credits, but I was told they are put under AP on the AMCAS, becasue on my transcripts they are listed as AP with no grade.

mvenus929 said:

BU does not take AP credits either.

http://www.colorado.edu/ArtsSciences/aacforstudents/noapib.htm

St. Louis does not take AP credits for prereq's

I heard they have a policy where if you take upper level courses in the same subject, they dont fret about APing out of general bio/chem/english etc.

Can anyone confirm this?

zimmie256 said:

That list might be out of date . . . this from Temple's FAQ:

Q: I received AP credit for one of your pre-requisites. Can this be used to fulfill your pre-medical requirements?

A: We will accept AP credits as long as you received credit from your undergraduate institution on your transcript. If you are using AP credit for one of the pre-requisites, we do like to see upper level courses completed in that discipline.