AP physics b & AP Calc ab

Blueberry92

hs Senior
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to take those this fall. So How were they? and how did you study?:)

Members don't see this ad.

For calculus I just studied like I normally would for any math course. Do your homework and study the day before the exam (memorize formulas and hwo to manipulate the Calculus).

Members don't see this ad :)
Both courses are just all about practice. I dont think you necessarily need to memorize much if you understand the concepts very well. Also hopefully for physics B you will eventually see how calculus may play a role (i say may because i think Physics C is calculus based).

Either way just practice, never hurts to do more problems than you are assigned.

I am going to take those this fall. So How were they? and how did you study?:)

I've taken them both, but I've taken AP Physics B in my junior year and AP Calculus BC my senior year. I've gotten a 5 on Physics B and a 4/4 on Calculus BC.

I really enjoyed taking them because I learned so much in a short period of time and they offered a good foundation for college. I'm a Biochemistry major and I needed to take Physics I and II and Calculus I as major requirements.

I didn't really study for these classes (although I should have). I had really good teachers.

I feel that, in my school, calculus (both AB and BC) was either a total hit or a total miss for the student body. The best advice is to get on the train early... You will learn the basic foundations of calculus within the first few weeks (power rule, chain rule, explicit/implicit differentiation etc...). Know these like the back of your hand or I can promise you will be screwed beyond belief. Other than that, study your notes a few days before exams, buy a practice book if you want and do problems from there.

I took AB, and felt that I should've taken BC but for some reason my guidance counselor didn't want me taking it. But, my guidance counselor is the same woman who told me I'd only get into a low level state school or community college :rolleyes: Stupid woman.