APA-accredited internship acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in that way. I wouldn't recommend that approach for a PhD program.

Ok, you would recommend a more personalized approach-contacting professors individually whose work you are interested in? Can you give me a ballpark idea of how much research experience a candidate would need to be considered competitive at most programs?

Members don't see this ad.

The PsyD program of PAU is probably more expensive because it is a consortium with Stanford and this name has a lot of bearing. At least my experience so far with interviews they ask if the person is the Stanford one or not. I know a few from this program who have matched in great places for internship.

Now if you want to do forensic track, and not want to leave the bay area the PhD program of PAU has a specialized track for this. This also includes research and practicum experiences. Both programs have pretty good match rate despite being professional schools.

I thought finishing PhD very quickly is a great thing but if you have less years, then you might have less experience as well and may not be as competitive when trying to get internship. (Sorry I'm in the internship mode so it may seem like internship is the end all be all >.<) Trying to get a degree so quickly may not be necessarily beneficial but I totally understand the money constraints.