APA vs APPIC for UCC internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unlike many other doctoral-level healthcare fields, you will likely have to fight for a job, especially one in a geographically desirable location, when you finish your degree. Not completing an APA-approved internship now will **likely** force you to take a UCC job in a undesirable area in the future. You will likely be at this job for many years.

Thus, if I were you, I would favor spending one year @ an APA-approved internship site in a rural area over completing an APPIC site in a desirable urban aea

Members don't see this ad.

With all due respect, thousands of men and women due tours of duty in 120 degree warzones where there doesn't thappen to be a Starbucks on every corner. I think some adapatibility may be in order here. Plant roots where you want and needs, that stability/environment is important for a marriage and a family. But, my take is that you can/should be able to live amywhere for a year if it benefits the rest of your professional life.
Erg, I am curious to have your opinion about my current dilemma. I'm deciding how to rank 2 sites. Both are APA accredited and well respected. Site A would probably get an "A-" overall for me - has really solid training, emphasizes professional development in a major way, but doesn't have every single thing I want. It's also in an undeisrable location (12 hour drive / $400 round trip flight from my partner, not somewhere I would want to live for more than a ear). Site B would probably get a "B+" overlal for me - also solid training, more opportunities clinically in my area of interest, but less emphasis on professional development. Site B is 9 miles from my current house, so it is highly convenient (although I'm not trying to stay in this city forever, although I wouldn't mind it if I did, just have long term goals to be elsewhere). How would you rank the 2? Would you put Site A higher because it might connect you to a better post doc, or Site B higher for quality of life, since it's not going to damage your future prospects, maybe just not help you as proactively?