Aperture Passing - Pls HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've posted my concerns about the aperture passing section b/c haven't received much feedbacks! I've been practicing this section for a week now with CrackDATPAT & Barron's; unforunately, my score was maintained 10/15 & was never higher than 10!

I understand that practice makes perfect, but I don't see any improvements from my practices.

PS: My score for the top/front/end section improved (highest: 12/15) but NOT my aperture passing section!!

Any replies will be highly appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

My method:

1) look for the "obvious choice"; alot of times this is the "trick" answer; find something to rule this one out.

Then,

2) Look for the similar choices--if there are similar choices, figure out the differences between them, and start ruling out choices.

3)ONce you have what appears to be your answer, make sure that you rule out the others choices still available.

If you are having trouble seeing the object, try drawing out the top, bottom, front/back, and end/end views.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you want to do it full proof then try drawing the pics, you should have enough time then it will be obvious but the apperture passing is tricky in general anyways good luck! :luck:

Thanks for all your feedbacks! I actually try drawing it out, but I am not sure if my drawing is right. Do you know whether or not Crack DAT PAT 3D explanation may not accurate?

Also, are there wrong answers in Crack DAT PAT at all? So far, from reading the threads, I know that Barron's have a lot of incorrect answer.

THanks!

YEAh, sometimes I am skeptical about CDP's "correct" answers too.

I guess, it's just something that you have to be good at visualizing and try to rotate it in your head until it can pass through the key hole. But it's totally possible to eliminate obvious answers.

yea there were a few cdp answers that made me scratch my head but only a few. for the aperture passing, i trace the keyhole in my head as im looking at the object to see if there are any discrepancies between the two (i hope that makes sense)