Diversity of life - Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qdgbdy

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having trouble retaining information on the diversity of life chpater. I am using the Feralis-Booster notes on this sections, but i feel that it is just too intense. What is the best resource that I should use to study for this chapter?

Members don't see this ad.

That was a really chaotic section on the DAT for me, so I understand where you're coming from. The most condensed and simple version I came across was the Dynamite Bio Review (on the Destroyer Facebook Group for free). It was condensed enough that I got the main points without getting too bogged down into useless details I would never see on the exam. Worth checking it out!

Don't worry too much about it. If you take a look at the number of questions on the DAT, Diversity of Life is literally only a tiny part of all biology tested, yet the amount of energy you need to know it through and through is disproportionately high. I would recommend you print out the DAT bootcamp chart ( or any comparable chart where you can read about the main inferences between all the phyla), and just try to familiarize with a little every day over a month or so. I honestly didn't really study it at all like anything else, and the one question I got was super easy: something like which of the following is a pseudocoel or something like that. Like the above poster, it's not going to be that involved I don't think that you will have to recall everything possible about every phylum.

I think the Feralis notes has everything that they could possibly ask, but I agree it's overwhelming. The way I studied for it was to read through the notes once (it took 2 full days, I didn't take notes) and then started doing the Anki cards on DATBooster that correlated with that section. The videos were also super useful- I watched them multiple times while running on my treadmill in like 3x the speed, and eventually, I was able to absorb most of the important point

Status
Not open for further replies.