App fee??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got letters from Case and Maryland today saying they have not recieved my app fee yet. I sent it about a month ago!
I know that UOP and USC already got it because they wrote me letters a long time ago.
Did anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it got lost in the mail, or if it got lost at the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Beagle,

I called up Case the other day and the lady said that she didn't have my app fee or my recommendations. I sent them a month ago as well. She blamed it on their courier service, which she said, "sometimes it takes 20 -30 days to get stuff." That is the most slowest service I have ever heard of. I don't know, I guess I'll wait another month and see.

I sent the app fee and recommendations seperately, and honestly there is a very very low chance that both would get lost.

Hope this helps,

DesiDentist

Oh good! I talked to a man from Case. He wasn't very friendly and told me that it probably got lost in the mail. But since you had the same problem, I will wait another month as well.
Thanks Desi

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it's easier for schools to blame it on the postal service and say 'it probably got lost in the mail', than to admit the lack of organization on their part.

I interviewed at Case on the first day possible (Aug. 26), and while there I saw a very high level of organization.

Information from applicants was pouring in all day long, and each item was opened, marked in the computer, and then placed in the applicant's file. At that point, two weeks ago, they were extremely efficient.

From that limited knowledge which I have, I would say that the problems people are having with Case should not be attributed to the school, but to the courier service. As I said, they were on the ball with pinpoint precision when I was there.

By the way, the amount of mail that these schools get is ridiculous, and it is good to keep this in mind. When I was there (on a Monday), the admissions office received over 220 individual pieces of mail dealing with applicants. That amount comes in every day, and sorting it and applying it to files is no easy task.

I found that Case was especially on top of things this application cycle. I received information from them in an extremely timely manner, and they are committed to helping the applicants. They are also very busy -- they are interviewing on Monday, Wed, Thurs, and Friday through December.

By the way, David (the director of admissions) is more than happy to help applicants. He's a very cool guy, and is very on top of his game. If you are experiencing difficulties, then call and talk with him. 1-800-368-3685, David Dalsky.

I agree with Gavin. Case seems to be very sincere and when I talked to the certain individual she told me that everyday there is a huge pouring of mail and everyday the mail that is received is opened and put into files. So I trust them there. But you also have to understand that each school is like a city. The dental school will not get mail automatically but there is a location of the school that will get the mail and the schools private courier service will separate and send it to the designated school/area.

Thus, in DAT terms. The courier is the rate determining step (k) and the speed of the entire delivery depends on them.

;)

DesiDentist

OMG desi! I think you need to stop reading the kaplan book :)
hehe