app put on hold at UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much sums it up...I had a lackluster DAT, yet awesome GPA, spoke with Sposetti (the Dean) in person at a meeting and she said I still have a great chance to get in considering my follow up DAT. May God have mercy on my soul...there is hope for others in these situations, just retake the DAT, and give it your best shot.

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
Title pretty much sums it up...I had a lackluster DAT, yet awesome GPA, spoke with Sposetti (the Dean) in person at a meeting and she said I still have a great chance to get in considering my follow up DAT. May God have mercy on my soul...there is hope for others in these situations, just retake the DAT, and give it your best shot.

Aren't you an out of state applicant?

No, I go to UF

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:

With your gpa in mind, I would think you would've killed the DAT. So Im just wondering why your scores were mediocre. Was the test hard, or it was a bad day or both.

Dexa: I go to UF also and my GPA is lower than yours. What were your DAT scores that you were put on hold with such an awesome GPA??

Scores weren't terrible, I blew away the reading comp, think I was somewhere in the 95 and above percentile, but I was below UF's cut off in one section, the QR. Overall my AA was an 18. All other sections were above an 18 except PAT...a 16. I can improve...I think they understand this...however its a big set back nonetheless.