Appeal to rejected schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried appealing to the schools they got rejected from?

Members don't see this ad.

That has never crossed my mind. Why would you do that?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can ask them what parts of your application need strengthening but you cannot appeal a rejection.

Reactions: 1 users
LOL such confidence!!! I was rejected by all the 5 schools I applied to the first time I went through the process. Did you get an interview at least? Why do you feel like you deserve that spot? How good were your stats, essay, recommendation letter and your involvement in the community? As someone who got in with a cGPA of 2.6 I can honestly tell you that grade by itself does not suffice, community involvement related to PT, strong recommendation letters and exposure to the field as an PT-aide or an internship greatly help to get an interview. Admission does this on a regular so they can sense quickly whether you are someone who wants it bad or someone who is half foot in and half foot out. A very poor recommendation letter can work against you as well. PM me if you would like to discuss this issue with me more. As an applicant who was also rejected in the past, I do understand the frustration and I do know what it takes to get back on track!

Reactions: 1 users