PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh Lincoln Hospital... where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I know it's a likely rejection from them since they're a competitive site, but it's the last place I'm waiting on!
I didn't apply there but I'm pretty sure that they have finished sending out invites (sorry to be the bearer of bad news...)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This may be off topic a bit. But are people preparing to wear high heels or just flats? I know high heels are more professional-looking but when I wear them, I walk around like a dog in snow boots...

I wear flats. Some places like to give tours of the facilities and I was not chancing falling on my face during those!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Canandaigua VA just sent me an invite via personal email. Dates are 1/11 and 1/25.

For those of you who also asked Metropolitan State Hospital for an alternative date - have you heard back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For people that called Henry Ford - did you get the voicemail? I left a message and figured this would be fine, but am hoping to have confirmation that other did similarly.

One site left to hear from, Kennedy Kriegers trauma track. Anyone else hear anything? Theres no notification date, im not sure if i should just assume rejection or reach out...

Sent from my LM-V350 using SDN mobile

This may be off topic a bit. But are people preparing to wear high heels or just flats? I know high heels are more professional-looking but when I wear them, I walk around like a dog in snow boots...

I'm wearing flats. I never wear heels and if that's the thing that makes a site not want to work with me then it probably was a bad fit for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
One site left to hear from, Kennedy Kriegers trauma track. Anyone else hear anything? Theres no notification date, im not sure if i should just assume rejection or reach out...

On their website the notification date is 12/20... so late

For people that called Henry Ford - did you get the voicemail? I left a message and figured this would be fine, but am hoping to have confirmation that other did similarly.

I got their voicemail but called back and got someone on the line. Unfortunately they were only taking phone numbers for callbacks. I haven't heard back from them yet

Somewhere on their actual website it says dec 20th is the notification date. I’m waiting on them too.

I like wearing heels because 1) My suit pants are too long for flats, and 2) Feeling taller = feeling more confident (for me, anyway). Luckily I found some professional-looking high heel ankle boots that are comfortable enough to where I can walk around all day and not feel any strain on my feet from them. I highly recommend not wearing painful shoes, because from my experiences so far, interviews can involve quite a bit of walking...

Reactions: 2 users

I've done a couple of interviews now and the vast majority of people were wearing flats. I wore heels, along with a select other few, but even then the heels were short (i.e. about 2").

Anyone get a rejection from Ann Arbor VA???

Still waiting on them as well. I know they sent out a handful of invites, but I haven't seen anyone post about getting a rejection from them. People in my program applied there over the past few years and stated that they never sent out rejection notices nor responded to email inquiries about application status after their stated notification date had passed.

One of my sites had a 12/15 notification date and I didn't hear anything by the deadline. I emailed first thing yesterday. Trying to be patient waiting for a response but feeling pretty frustrated. I assume it's probably a rejection, but I just want to know.

Still waiting on them as well. I know they sent out a handful of invites, but I haven't seen anyone post about getting a rejection from them. People in my program applied there over the past few years and stated that they never sent out rejection notices nor responded to email inquiries about application status after their stated notification date had passed.

It doesn’t help that their posted deadline is on a Friday preceding the holiday - definitely inappropriate to be non-responsive to post-deadline inquires when rejection notifications are part of the process.

Official Site Name: Baylor University CC
Date Invitation Received: 12/17/2018
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone Call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: Between 1/7 through 1/11

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an invitation from Kennedy Kriegers trauma track. Interviews are Monday's and Thursday's and they seem to let you pick days.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an invitation from Kennedy Kriegers trauma track. Interviews are Monday's and Thursday's and they seem to let you pick days.
Me too! Glad we didnt have to wait till the 20th or 21st to hear back haha

Reactions: 6 users

Was this just for the trauma track or also the psychiatric mental health track? Both Kennedy Krieger unaccredited tracks. Just seeing if I should write them off.

My interviews are in January. I’ll prepare after the holidays. The application and notification process has wore me out! I need time to rest and enjoy the holidays.

We have the same interview preparation plan! I'm pretty sure it's a good one. Hope you enjoy the holidays!

How are your pants hemmed? Mine are hemmed for about a 1.5" heel, so that's what I'll be wearing. I'd be more likely to notice if someone was walking on their too-long pants than if were wearing flats. I have a similar skill level at walking in heels, so will be wearing a shoe with a more robust heel. I'm sticking a pair of lightweight outdoor boots in my bag for sites that embrace winter and have a tour on the schedule.

Last year, I was running late to the (one and only) interview I actually drove to myself because I couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking garage the site suggested I park in (the elevators went to a different building, the map provided was not clear, also I'm spatially challenged but that's not important, etc etc) and I ended up SPRINTING up a steep AF hill to make it in time while wearing 3-inch heels. Like actually running, arms pumping and sweat dripping down my face while I stomp the ground in my Michael Kors pumps to get to this place on time.

Wear the shoes that will allow you to, god forbid, sprint up a steep AF hill as you're running late to your interviews and you'll be fine ;)

Reactions: 15 users
Official Site Name: Sharp HealthCare
Date Invitation Received: 12/17
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/24, 1/25, 1/28, 1/29

Reactions: 4 users
Sharp healthcare sent out rejection.. Waited a long time for that kick in the pants. 1 more!

I personally think it’s more important for you to feel comfortable than for you to meet some standard of femininity to get an internship. If you are loud and proud in flats, wear them. If you can rock heels like no one’s business and you prefer them wear them.

I will never forget that a grad school interview book said never wear red to an interview. I wore red and got an extra scholarship to the location that I wore that red sweater to. Confidence is more important than wardrobe, in my (albeit limited) experience.

For those of you who also asked Metropolitan State Hospital for an alternative date - have you heard back?

I haven’t heard back yet either. I’m waiting until tomorrow afternoon to email again I think. I need to solidify dates and finish buying flights soon.

I haven’t heard back yet either. I’m waiting until tomorrow afternoon to email again I think. I need to solidify dates and finish buying flights soon.

I got an email today with an offer for 1/16... another date that I am booked. I offered a few other days in my email, but it isn't looking like I'll be able to make it work. :inpain:

I got an email today with an offer for 1/16... another date that I am booked. I offered a few other days in my email, but it isn't looking like I'll be able to make it work. :inpain:
Oh noooooo. I’m booked the 16th too. I don’t know why they didn’t offer a range of dates like the other sites. Hope it works out and they are more accommodating!

Anyone heard from University of Oregon CAPS??
Yes, I received a rejection from them a couple weeks ago... If you haven't heard from them, I assume you are in their "wait list"? At this point it would definitely be ok to check in with them though. Maybe they had misspelled your email when sending out invitations or rejections.

Hi all, has anyone heard from Indiana University CAPS yet? Rejection or interview? Thanks!

Official Site Name: Indiana University CAPS
Date Invitation Received: 12/17/2018
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass Email (received at 10:41pm)
Offered Interview Dates: "We will complete [phone] interviews by February 1."

Has anyone heard from Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center? Their notification date is listed as yesterday but so far I haven't heard anything.

Yes, I've heard from them. I can find out if any of my friends have heard since their mass email!

Has anyone heard from Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center? Their notification date is listed as yesterday but so far I haven't heard anything.

Hi, I got a rejection from them yesterday. Did you end up hearing back?

I personally think it’s more important for you to feel comfortable than for you to meet some standard of femininity to get an internship. If you are loud and proud in flats, wear them. If you can rock heels like no one’s business and you prefer them wear them.

I will never forget that a grad school interview book said never wear red to an interview. I wore red and got an extra scholarship to the location that I wore that red sweater to. Confidence is more important than wardrobe, in my (albeit limited) experience.
That's ludicrous! I also wore a red shirt to the grad school interview at the site I ended up at. So, at least two data points supporting your hypothesis! What...is the rationale for that, anyway?

are you going to try for a site visit ?
I would like to, if possible. I am in Southern CA so it isn't too far of a drive. I emailed asking about how to set one up in the next few weeks sometime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile