Applicants - what are you doing this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

blingbling

Since lots of you guys are applying this summer, do you have any other plans or things you want to do this summer? Or are you just going to fill apps and wait for scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm spending the time I missed while studying for the MCAT with my wife. I am also working on two research projects. One because I love it, one because I get paid, and because I am about to get my second publication.

I plan on enjoying every minute of this summer, at least until I get nervous waiting for interviews, etc. ;)

I'm staying at home for a month, filling out the application and awaiting my scores...and spending some sorely missed time with my family! Then in late June I'm actually heading off to London for six weeks to work in a children's hospital. I'm looking forward to having this preliminary application business out of the way and just focusing on volunteering and exploring new places.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as the usual stuff, I have a job at a aerospace defense contractor to save up money for all those app fees and working on my honors thesis (pacemaker design).

As far as the fun stuff, I plan to spend as much free time on my mountain bike training for races as possible.

fish, fish, work at kessler rehab institute, fish, fill out app and write essay, and fish.

i got a fellowship to make a lil money while workin in my neurosci lab down at the med school. that, wait for 2ndaries and relax and enjoy the summertime

Finishing up my last prereq, bio II, and taking genetics... Also, doing directed studies with a professor in math, plus starting on my thesis, working in a psych hospital and of course bowling!!!!

I'm taking a short vacation. Then I might be getting a new car (well a new used car) cause this girl sideswiped me in March & I couldn't take it in for body work until after much loathed MCAT & exams. After that I'm gonna do some type of volunteer work, because I haven't been able to for a long time (between school & work) & I've missed it.

Nothing special here ...... I'm taking 6 courses this trimester and volunteering!

:)

I'm presenting a paper at a conference in London, touring Europe, and coming home to work in a neuroscience lab at the UConn Health Center.

Together

I'm performing 3 open heart surgeries, 2 kidney transplants, taking summer school, finishing my publication on the effects of LTP in mice under the influence of alcohol, and I guess I'll be filling out secondaries too...

fishtolive,

I work for Kessler, too.. They bought out the Physical Therapy of the North Shore (in Chicago). Are you a PT-Aide? That's what I do, it's one of the coolest jobs I've had.

Simul