Application for 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to aacom.org, applications for the 2004 incoming class will be available on May 1. Does anyone know when AACOMAS actually begins accepting applications? Is it June 1?

Thank you!

PH

Members don't see this ad.

PH,

way to be taking care of business! If it works the same way as last year, you will be able to complete your application and click submit (thus finalizing your app) before June 1st, thus when June 1st rolls around, your application will be sent on its way...

Good Luck and if there is anything I can do, just ask!!!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Now if we are ONLY applying to DO schools how can we send our MCAT scores to the various DO institutions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that 600 is still the code that you enter at the end of the MCAT...That will send the scores to AACOMAS...AACOMAS will add the scores to the schools you indicate on your application. If you take the MCAT in April and August and already have your application submitted, AACOMAS will automatically send your new scores to your selected schools.

Doctortobee,

What if you took the MCAT in 2001, and are applying for 2004 admission? Do you have to contact AMCAS to release your scores to osteopathic schools?

thank you!

PH

I actually e-mailed AACOMAS and here is the exact response they gave to me "Question 1: You will be able to submit your application on May 1st, but we will not begin processing all of the applications until June." It takes between 4-6 weeks for processing so my guess is it will not be sent to schools much before July. However, submit before June 1st because I'm sure they process in the order in which they were recieved.

Herp

Did you release your scores back in 2001? If not, you would have to contact AMCAS to release them...

Yes, I released them in 2001. Should I call/e-mail AACOMAS to make sure they have my scores?

Thanks,

PH

Yeah I would..you don't want anything to put your application on hold. When the application becomes available on May 1, there should be an email address for AACOMAS...I emailed them last year a few times and they were very prompt.

Maybe I was delerious yesterday, but I don't remember at anytime during the test that you could fill out a form about where to send your scores.

In years past you had to release your scores to specific schools.