Application Overview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bacchus

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently contacted a school in the Philadelphia area (My prospective #1) to review my application for next application season. They obliged and offered me either a phone conference or in person conference. I'm assuming the best thing to do is to attach a face to the person. Correct? Would anyone take the phone conference. Is a tie, dress shirt, and slacks suitable for such a meeting or can dress be a bit more casual or do I need to go all out? I don't want to appear as one of the interviewees ;). Thanks, and don't pull this apart too much.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently contacted a school in the Philadelphia area (My prospective #1) to review my application for next application season. They obliged and offered me either a phone conference or in person conference. I'm assuming the best thing to do is to attach a face to the person. Correct? Would anyone take the phone conference. Is a tie, dress shirt, and slacks suitable for such a meeting or can dress be a bit more casual or do I need to go all out? I don't want to appear as one of the interviewees ;). Thanks, and don't pull this apart too much.

I would go in person and wear what you described. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard by wearing a coat, but with the dressy attire you mentioned you'll make a good impression.