Application submission question!

Started by sgreen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sgreen

pfffffft
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm in the middle of my electronic applications, and I was wondering if things such as transcripts and letters of recommendation have to be mailed to the school all together in a package? Or can we mail them out to the school as we receive them? I haven't read anything on any of the schools' websites to indicate what exactly I'm supposed to do here!

Thanks 🙂
 
For all the schools I've looked at they want all letters of rec and transcripts to arrive in one complete package!
 
A lot of the schools said that but I couldn't do that because the teachers wouldn't give me the LORs (they like to send them themselves here) and the schools were fine with it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on the school. The schools I applied to didn't want a packet, they just wanted things sent to them. With those schools, the transcripts have to be sent directly from the schools you attended.
 
I don't think it matters. Some schools say they "prefer" all the material in a package. Sometimes that just isn't possible because as you said many recommenders prefer to mail their letters directly to the schools. I didn't submit mine as a package and all of my applications are considered complete and I have heard back from some.
 
I don't think it matters. Some schools say they "prefer" all the material in a package. Sometimes that just isn't possible because as you said many recommenders prefer to mail their letters directly to the schools. I didn't submit mine as a package and all of my applications are considered complete and I have heard back from some.

Those were my thoughts as well. and the same can be said for transcripts...

thanks for the responses!