Application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscles00GT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating from my undergrad in December and was just wondering where I should be now as far as the application process is concerned for PT school in 2010 (fall). I'm taking the GRE this weekend. I have all my pre-reqs done and out of the way. I have tons of hours and all that extracurricular stuff, but at far as the actual application process, I haven't done much besides sign up on PTCAS. I want to get this whole thing done asap, so just wondering what I should get out of the way as soon as i'm done with the GRE.

Members don't see this ad.

i should be getting them sent as soon as now? how long do they usually take to reach the school that you are applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying for the next upcoming cycle and I plan to have ALL my applications in by mid or late september. Most of the deadlines seem to be november for me.

Thanks for the advice. As soon as I get this GRE out of the way, I'm going to finish up my PTCAS app and start on the essays and go from there.

I got them sent around mid August, but I attended 7 schools all over the world (Air Force) and some of the schools required me to MAIL my request to the actual University to have them send me another request form to send to their sattelite schools. It took almost 2 months for one of my schools. And once they have them on record, they wont delete them if you have applied to the actual school. Like Northern Arizona University, I had to send all my scripts to the graduate college and had to be accepted there before I could go on to apply to the PT program, who also needed copies of my scripts. It is a very tedious process that had I started earlier would not have been so stressful. And if the admissions are rolling, if your stuff is done first you get interviewed first, thus accepted first.

I see, I only attended one school so I don't think itll be as bad as you lol. So even if I send in my transcript now to a school I plan on applying to theyll keep it on record even if I have nothing else completed yet? I was planning to get the transcripts along with when I start sending in my recs, essays and observation hours.

I have 4 schools that I just sent out transcript request forms for PTCAS today: I've heard from others that this can be a hassle and can take 2 months, so I recommend doing this ASAP.

Now I have to work on LOR and the essays... I worry about the LORs, as I'm only one of many students in my pre-req classes and doubt the profs even know who I am, even though I have good grades. Not to mention the PT recommendations: I float around and work with different PTs all the time... Yikes! This, besides finding schools to work in my fall classes that work with my 9-5 work schedule as a non-degree post-bac, is my greatest concern right now...

To reiterate other posts: sooner you apply, the sooner you'll interview and know!

sending transcripts was possibly the hardest part of the application, mostly because having the schools send them out to PTCAS take a while.. and then waiting for PTCAS to process it and update it onto your application take a long time... definitely get that in asap to reduce the stress.. some schools also require that you send them a set of ur own transcrips in addition to the ones you send to ptcas, so that was a bit of a burden since costs adds up in the end. i know i definitely cut it close to some deadlines because of this and probably spent close to $50 on transcripts alone.