Applications sent... Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaseface

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... so I sent out about 30 applications for PM&R on Thursday.
My friends who applying to IM have already received a couple invites so far... so whats the normal pattern for invites as far as PM&R goes. Most programs haven't even downloaded my app from ERAS yet.
I'm an IMG but US citizen, with inpatient and outpatient physiatry exposure and I love the field, but I get scared are because I don't know what to expect?
Any advice or tips are appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sit tight and try to relax. The interview invites will start to come in. The people on this board are pretty good about posting what programs have started offering invites.

I hope the other MS4's read this as well.

Relax... :cool: You'll find that different residencies will send out early replies and some will be quite late. For example, some of my family med friends got interviews within a couple of days, while some of my dermatology friends didn't hear a word for a couple of months. PM&R was more late than early last year.

For me, last year, I applied to about 10 different programs, all across the country. My first one was from my home program, 3 weeks after submissions. Most of the interview requests came in between the middle of October and the middle of November. The last one came around the end of November.

So keep in mind that it takes awhile! Don't worry. You'll see people posting here when the programs start rolling in.

Thanks guys! I am relaxing with my fingers crossed :)