Applied, Interviewed, Accepted

Started by timbutt2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

applied: 13
interviews offered: 6 so far
interviews attended: 4
accepted: 2
denied :1
still waiting to hear back:1
 
Applied: 2
Interviewed/Accepted: 1
Awaiting: 1

I'll update later when I get some news on the other school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applied: 16
interviews offered: 8 so far
interviews attended: 5
accepted: 3
denied :2
still waiting to hear back:1
 
Applied: 17
Turned in Supplemental Application:9
Interview invites:8
Went to:4
Accepted:3
 
1,1,1 UT Memphis
Got the official acceptance letter today. Yay! :biglove:
Now it's celebration time! Congrats to everyone.
 
Applied: 12
Interviews offered: 11
Interviews attended: 2
Acceptance: 1 (waiting to hear back from the other school)
 
Applied: 12
Interviews offered: 11
Interviews attended: 2
Acceptance: 1 (waiting to hear back from the other school)

You were invited for 11 interviews and didn't go to 9 of them? Why in the world did you apply to those schools, then?
 
I applied to 3, but just got accepted to Butler University. Therefore, I don't think I'll bother finishing the supplemental for Midwestern or go to the interview (if invited, but I probably will be) for Purdue. Purdue doesn't interview for another month.

So, applied: 2, to completion
Interviewed: 0
Accepted: 1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applied to 12, got 8 interviews, actually interviewed at 4, accepted to 3, waitlisted at 1 lol its been a ride!!
 
Applied to 9
Offered 7 interviews, took 4 and turned down 3
Acceped to 3 schools (I interviewed at the 4th today)

Thank goodness I am done! I agree with the last post, it has been a ride....one that I would not want to repeat
 
Reading this thread made me think: WOW!! PharmCAS made a lot of $$ off of all of us..... LOL
 
How many schools did you apply to?
5 on PharmCAS -- UH Hilo*, Jefferson University*, University of Southern California*, Touro University, and Midwestern CCP.

Completed only 3 of the 5 supplementals as of today (marked by a *)

How many asked you to interview?
Two interviews -- UH Hilo and Jefferson University. Not yet reviewed by USC, I expect an invite/rejection by March based on when I submitted.

How many accepted you?
One so far -- UH Hilo. I expect a decision from Jefferson within the next two weeks.

Stats: cGPA = 3.08. sGPA = 2.88. PCAT = 92 composite. 2 months pharmacy experience at the time of application (clerk/tech). B.S. in Biology from the University of California.
 
How many schools did you apply to?

I completed 14 apps.

How many asked you to interview?

7 invites and 1 waitlist without interview (Buffalo)
I only went to 3 interview.

How many accepted you?

I have been accepted to VCU and Midwestern AZ, and still waiting to hear back from UA.
 
i applied to 6 on pharmcas
completed 5 supp apps
offered 3 interviews (Hawaii, Western, USC)
interviewed at 2 (Western, USC)
so far, accepted to 1 (Western)
 
Applied: 2
Interview invites: 2
Interviews: 1 (top choice)
Accepted to top choice 😀
Cancelled other interview 😛
 
Applied = 1
Interviewed = 1
Accepted = 1

It is a state school so I am sure that helped but I am VERY excited!🙂
 
Applied 6
Interviewed Offered: 4
Interviewed so far: 2 (rejected 2 interviews)
Accepted: 1


After going on two interviews I could it deal with the akward momment of it all. Thus, I turned down two others.
 
Applied - 4
Interviewed - 2 (turned 1 down)
Accepted - 2
Waiting to hear - 1, but I don't care, I am already in my first choice. :-D
 
For those of you who applied to one school and accepted by the school you apply, can you share your stats? Thanks and congratulations!
 
Applied: 12
Interviewed: 4 UH Hilo, St. John Fisher, Touro, UCSF (declined 5)
Accepted: 3 (Hawaii, Fisher, & UMichigan...waiting to hear from UCSF & Touro)

Stats:

cGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 3.3
PCAT: 91
Experience: 2 yrs pharm tech, 2 years pharm volunteer, teaching assistant for chemistry, and lots of other random extracurriculars (Chair of judicial board, cheerleader for my univ, sorority philanthropy chair)
 
This year
Applied: 3
Interviewed: 2
Accepted: 2 🙂🙂🙂
 
Applied only to UB, have an interview Feb 29th. I'm surprised, there's a lot more 1,1,1 than I would've expected...I figured I was the only one!:laugh: I know it's a bit risky, but I live in Buffalo and I'm not really willing to relocate!


cGPA: 3.12
sGPA: 3.25
PCAT: 90 percentile, 420 total
Experience: B.S. Molecular Biology, 9 years pharmacology research, 2 months pharmacist shadowing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1, 1, 1 though I sent in my app to one other school but withdrew it a week later...

cgpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.38
PCAT: 93

18 months pharmacy experience; 250 hrs volunteer work
 
Applied: 9

Interviewed: offered 9, Attended 7

Accepted: 3, 2 waitlisted, 2 haven't heard from
 
applied at 7
filled out supplementals for 4
interviewed at 1
accepted at 1
still waiting for 3 (one of which is my #1 choice)
 
Applied to 13
Finished supplimental to 9 i think
Rejected: 1 😱
Interviewed 2
Deny interview to 1
Awaiting ~6
Accepted 2
 
hey pharmpills... were you accepted to auburn???

if you were, what can you tell me about the program and the facilities, and the faculty???

congrats by the way... i hope you get into your #1 choice
 
Applied to 11 schools (although I only finished supplementals for 9).

Interviewed: 4
Declined the school's offer of interview: 3
Denied after interview: 2
Waitlisted: 1 (after interview)
Accepted: 1 (to my top choice! 😀 )
 
Applied: 13
Rejections: 1
Haven't heard a peep from: 6
Interview offers: 7
Went to interview:6
Accepted: 5
Waiting to here back: 1 (#1 choice...of course I here back last)
 
Applied: 1
Interview: 1
Accepted: 1

*I was lucky enough to strike gold the first time around. I love WSU!*
 
How many schools did you apply to? 4

How many asked you to interview? Finished 2, 1 next week (still waiting for the 1st week of March for that last one 🙂 )

How many accepted you? 1 as of now 😀 yay!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 8
Screwed up 2
Blew off supplementals to 2
Rejected from 1
Asked to interview at 2
Declined to interview at 1
Accepted into top choice

Still have yet to hear from 1
 
14 completed applications received by schools January 17, 2008
rejected from 1
alternate pool at 1
interview requests from 7
went to 3
heard back from 1 - accepted
waiting for rejection or interview request from 5


theres only 5 schools i really wanted to go to, but i wanted to make sure i had a back-up plan :\
 
14 completed applications received by schools January 17, 2008
rejected from 1
alternate pool at 1
interview requests from 7
went to 3
heard back from 1 - accepted
waiting for rejection or interview request from 5


theres only 5 schools i really wanted to go to, but i wanted to make sure i had a back-up plan :\

this is friggin awesome.
the school that rejected me re-reviewed and now want me to interview 🙂
 
pharmcas app: 13
supp app: 7
interview offers: 5
interviewed at: 4
rejections: 3 (1 after interview)
accepted: 2 (haven't heard from 1)