applied MD last cycle but not DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr. tree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As it says in my title last cycle I applied to MD only and not DO, I got a few II's but nothing came through. This cycle I am applying to both MD/DO to bolster my chances of gaining an acceptance. I have a few questions.

1) Do I mention to DO schools that I am a re-applicant even though I did not apply last cycle/am I considered a re-applicant?

2) Any advice on what to say if they ask why I did not apply DO the first go around?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You do not need to reveal that you are a reapplicant. DO schools are aware that many applicants to DO schools have previously applied to MD schools.

Reactions: 1 users
As it says in my title last cycle I applied to MD only and not DO, I got a few II's but nothing came through. This cycle I am applying to both MD/DO to bolster my chances of gaining an acceptance. I have a few questions.

1) Do I mention to DO schools that I am a re-applicant even though I did not apply last cycle/am I considered a re-applicant?

2) Any advice on what to say if they ask why I did not apply DO the first go around?
1) No
2) Tell the truth.

Reactions: 1 user