Apply June 1st and retakes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


Full Member
Mar 22, 2010
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello all. Unless a miracle happens, I probably won't get into any D.O. schools. I have a 3.36cGPA, 3.14sGPA, and mcat scores of 21R, 21R, 25 S. My ec's and job shadowing, volunteering are good and improving. I am taking 3 classes this semester and if i do well can raise my grades to about a 3.4cGPA, 3.2sGPA. Does anybody think i should retake any classes? I am thinking of retaking Gen Bio 1[B-]; Gen chem 2 [C] and O-chem Lab 2[C]. I might retake between 1 or 2 or maybe all 3 of these classes. still debating. i plan to put these retake classes if i choose to retake on the planned/in progress category obviously. couple questions. am i allowed to retake aacomas sci classes at a different university. the class has a different number, but is basically the same and has slightly different credit hours, but almost the same because of the quarter to semester conversion where i live. I was also wondering if aacomas accepts updated transcripts. i want to turn in my primary app june 1st to be as early as possible, but was wondering if i can send an updated transcripts once my summer grades are in and if the colleges would receive them in time before being a decision on my file. i plan on calling aacomas office and schools to ask about this, but was wondering if anyone on here can comment.