Apply This Cycle or Retake MCAT (507)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sfcd321

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m an Asian Male in California trying to decide whether to apply this cycle or retake my MCAT.


cGPA: 3.9x

sGPA: 3.9x


MCAT (unbalanced): 507 (129/123/126/129)

Experiences: Deleted

I know my MCAT is low especially CARS section but do I have a chance to apply this coming cycle? Or should I wait til next cycle and retake MCAT. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
You are fine to apply this cycle in June. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Wake Forest
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
NOVA MD
Loma Linda
California University (new school)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
any new schools that open for 2019 (Kaiser, Roseman, Seton Hall)
 
Thank you very much for the reply. My worry is that my low CARS might get me screened out beforehand. But I will consider just trying to apply now. Are those most of the mid to low tier schools in the nation? Or would you happen to know more that I can apply to? Are UC Davis and UC Irvine worth it to apply for me? I’m not sure I have much of I chance being an Asian male with a low MCAT. Thanks Faha.