Apply to grad school @ the same time???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice welcome....

Okay...this is my 3rd app. cycle (yes, I am a glutton for punishment) and although I'm a little discouraged, I still want in. However, nothing is guaranteed of course. So, I am trying to decide what to do if it doesn't work out (again). I think grad school (MS), full time, is the way I would want to go. Do you think it would be wise to go ahead and apply to grad school for fall acceptance or should I wait and see what happens with med school first?

Thanks for any comments.

------------------
The Monkey Boy

Members don't see this ad.

Monkey,

If you can afford the time and the money, why not go ahead and apply now for graduate school. I don't know about you, but I'm really tired of being in this post-bacc pre-med limbo. This is my first year applying, but if I have to do it again, I would at least like to begin pursuing a career or education that will put me in a better position if I find out that medicine is not for me. I assume that at this point most graduate programs' deadlines aren't too soon. Have you already taken the GRE? My only caution is that you don't rush your preparation and recommendations. You want to put your best foot forward!

Best of luck to you in whatever you decided to do. Also, I hope the third time is indeed the "charm" and that you will gain entrance this year into medical school!

VAD
wink.gif

I am not yet done with my BA, but I am not majoring in science. If I don't get into med. school on the first try, I am planning on trying to get in a second time, but I will also try and get into grad school at the same time.
I really can't see any harm in furthering your education. Good luck! I hope that you get in this time!
shellyr33