apply to reapply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heberJgrant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My state school likes to reject people the first time around; to "test" your committment....

i am tempted to apply this year just to get rejected so i have a really good chance of getting in next year. they really try to get all the 2nd time apps in.

but that means squeezing in a physics 1 class and the MCAT this summer.

any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, what state do you live in?

You should apply and then turn them down if you get in. They love that.

My state school likes to reject people the first time around; to "test" your committment....

i am tempted to apply this year just to get rejected so i have a really good chance of getting in next year. they really try to get all the 2nd time apps in.

any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard of some state schools doing this with middle of the pack applicants. I guess since so many applicants are on the margin this is yet another way test them?

it's gotta be California. I hear they populate their class exclusively with second time applicants.

I agree with Machination. They probably "test" applicants who are borderline. If you feel like you will have a strong application apply when you are ready to actually attend med school. It's too time consuming and expensive to do a practice round.

do you know if Michigan schools pull this kind of stuff? For example, Wayne or MSU-CHM?

any thoughts?

That has to be the stupidest idea ever. 1) don't apply to medical school unless you plan on attending in that year. And 2) I can't imagine any school wanting to fill their class with medical school applicants who failed their first attempt. Going to be a class filled with geniuses I'm sure.