Reapply while in my deferral year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I deferred my acceptance from a low-tier MD this year. The terms of my deferral included that I was not allowed to apply anywhere in my gap year. However, I am planning on applying elsewhere.

I have CTE'd to the school I deferred from. When I reapply this cycle, will AMCAS give any indication to schools that I apply to that I am currently holding an acceptance already?

Or is there any way from the school that I have deferred from that I am applying elsewhere?

Some comments: I know the safe option is to not reapply, and I get that. Also, I know this is unethical, I just don't really care - all I care about is how I might get caught.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Why are you applying elsewhere?

Reactions: 1 user
Why are you applying elsewhere?
I don't love the school that I'm going to. It's fine (low tier MD), but I'd like to see if I can get into better schools for better match opportunities.

This past cycle for me was: 30 secondaries/5 IIs/2 As + 2 WLs.

My school list wasn't great, and I could see myself at a higher ranked school with a better school list.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you announce this folly on a public forum?
60% gain no acceptances each year and by your report you gained 2.
Showing your skills in med school is the way to get into a good residency

Why would you announce this folly on a public forum?
60% gain no acceptances each year and by your report you gained 2.
Showing your skills in med school is the way to get into a good residency
To try to find out if AMCAS will communicate to other schools that I already have an acceptance that I have deferred - do you know if this is the case?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Closing as OP has already posted multiple prior threads about deferring (for various reasons).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.