Applying 2017-2018 cycle with old MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sson2200

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Anyone else planning on applying for the 2017-2018 cycle with the old MCAT? I took mine in Jan 2015 and according to AAMC many schools will not be accepting the old MCAT scores for the 2017-2018 cycle. Just wondering how you guys are planning on choosing schools to apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

Anyone else planning on applying for the 2017-2018 cycle with the old MCAT? I took mine in Jan 2015 and according to AAMC many schools will not be accepting the old MCAT scores for the 2017-2018 cycle. Just wondering how you guys are planning on choosing schools to apply to.

Hi there! I just created a thread about this! (Find it here).

We're in the same boat! I took mine in Jan 2015 as well. The thing I've been finding is that when a school is listed in pink (i.e. "only MCAT 2015 scores") on the AAMC policy, that doesn't necessarily equate to the new MCAT. For two schools list like this on the AAMC policy sheet (Mayo and Dartmouth), for example, they will in fact accept a January 2015 MCAT (I called them today and verified!).

So, feel free to look at my list in the link. But I would call all the schools you're interested in and don't take AAMC's guide as 100% correct.

Yea, there seems to be some conflicting mcat policies when comparing the AAMC list and the school websites. Thanks for the list and I'll make sure to contribute to your list as I verify with the schools myself.

Same boat, friends. I have some additions, too. I personally phoned each of these places.

DO ACCEPT Old Jan 2015 MCAT: Quinnipiac, Gtown, UMinn, Penn State, Einstein, Rochester, Geisel, Mayo,

DO NOT ACCEPT Old Jan 2015: Hofstra, Med Wisc, Stony, Downstate, GW (but considers occasionally with written request).