Applying early = when?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Toothfairy08, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Toothfairy08

Toothfairy08 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey all... I am currently awaiting a decision from an Early Decision Program that I have applied for. My problem is that acceptances aren't going to be doled out until June. I will have to apply through AADSAS to this school anyways, but would like to save the application costs to other schools if its unneccessary to apply anywhere else (i.e. if I do get accepted on Early Decision). Should I wait until after hearing from the Early Decision Program in June and then, if need be, apply to other schools and risk my application being "late"? ...Or do you think it would be a safer bet to just go ahead and apply to all of my other choice schools as well on May 15, despite the significantly higher application fees associated with applying to several schools? I appreciate your input!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    applying in june is not "late". wait until june to find out if you were accepted to your early decision program. if so, just apply to that school and laugh your way to the bank.

your stats are awesome...i wouldn't be worried about getting your application in on june 1st. it's overrated..

jb!:)

4. onamission

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ..... apply to that has an early admissions program? Do you know if other schools do this also?

5. Toothfairy08

Toothfairy08 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I am currently involved in the EDP at University of Minnesota (my state school). I have come across a few others that have early admission as well...i.e. Iowa.