Applying "early"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BulsangHanNamja

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont really understand the idea of sending in your application (april - june) and then sending in your DAT scores in August would be considered applying early? Wouldn't you have to send in the whole package to be an complete applicant?

So as long as I apply early ... aka april and june and still manage to take my DAT on august... would that be considered applying early? Thanks for the help guys.

Members don't see this ad.

the DAT scores will be submitted to the schools by the ADEA testing services unless i'm wrong.

But if you fill out the AADSAS in may it'll still take weeks for them to actually get it to the school.

BulsangHanNamja said:
I dont really understand the idea of sending in your application (april - june) and then sending in your DAT scores in August would be considered applying early? Wouldn't you have to send in the whole package to be an complete applicant?

So as long as I apply early ... aka april and june and still manage to take my DAT on august... would that be considered applying early? Thanks for the help guys.

That's what I did and I think it really helped with my applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is the very first thing that we need to do in terms of officially starting the application process filling out the AADSAS? And when is the "earliest" that you can fill this out? I thought it was June but I've heard that you could fill it out earlier. Is that true?

I applied the beginning of June and took the DAT in August.
I heard this year you can first apply on May 15th, but didn't check their website.

And yes, the first thing you need to do is fill out the AADSAS application.

alot of times they'll look at your app even if they haven't recieved your DAT scores yet. From experience June July is early.

And don't discount CJWolf's point - the turn around time for AADSAS is eight weeks, compared with the oh, week or so the ADEA, so you'd have to send in your app to AADSAS seven weeks before you take the DAT just to break even. And even if you send it in ealier - some school will at least glance at it, or at least know you're applying, as opposed to not having anything at all.