Applying for an American student visa

Started by Jenboo23
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jenboo23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any Canadian's (or other international students) currently at an american optometry school who have applied for an american student visa already? Were you able to apply online and do you have the website? When I google search for an american f-1 student visa I get a bunch of websites and I can't tell which websites are trying to sell me things versus which website I can just apply for the visa. I will be entering optometry school in Aug 2008 so when would be a good time to start applying for one? Thanks.
 
It is a bit of a process... First the school will ask you to furnish proof that you can pay. Then they will begin sending you the rest of the materials. You pay a fee online, and then apply for your visa in person as you are processed by US Immigration either at a border crossing or at Pearson.

No need to be worried about it just yet.
 
Don't fret about the student visa. Your school, once accepted, guides you through this and it is no big deal.