Applying for D.O. schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mav21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A quick couple of questions for all. I just recently graduated from a small "elite" liberal arts school with a 3.2 overall GPA and a 3.1 science. I have done research work all through college and have a 33 MCAT score. I was wondering if my GPA needs boosting or if I am alright with my current grades to get into MSUCOM or CCOM? I know this is very general info. that I'm giving but any responses would be VERY helpful.

Also I was wondering if there is a time I should have all my aps. in for applying- alot of schools say the deadline is Dec 15th-Jan 30th but I realize its rolling admission. Given that its mid-July now is there any time that DO school aps. should be in to remain competitive?

Thanks for any input.

-Eric :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Your numbers look strong. It is important to apply as early as possible, so if you haven't begun you should get going. As far as your chances of getting in, there are a lot of other things that are looked at by admissions committees and the interview is a crucial part of that package. Good luck!

ASAP.... Don't lag

I got accepted at MSUCOM with lower numbers than yours. I had ALOT of work and volunteer experience and genuinely want to be a DO. I didn't even apply to MD schools. During my interview the extra stuff came up and I believe it made a huge difference. The interviewers at MSUCOM do not have your grades and scores and have not even seen them, so the interview, when you get one, is major. Ace the interview and you will get in. As a side note, MSUCOM does not interview hundreds like most other schools. If you get an interview you have a great shot at getting in.