Applying for Loan Online or In Person

Started by pacman8794
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pacman8794

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been hearing a lot on this forum that Discover is good w/ student loans. When is the right time to apply for the student loan since classes start in late August? Also, to apply for a loan w/ Discover can it only be done online or can I go to my bank and do it there? I'm just not sure if it would be wiser to apply online or to do it in person through my bank. I don't like giving so much personal information online; I'm wary about that. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
 
You can only apply online as far as I know. Keep in mind that your FA office has to tell you when you are ready to apply. They have to give you a FA package first. Also, your school may only have direct loans from the federal government in which case you won't have a lender.

As for your problem with giving personal information online, where do you think your information is stored even if you give them a paper copy? On computer servers. Unfortunately, that's just the way things are. All you can do is just make sure your computer and internet connection is secure.