Applying for the 2017-2018 cycle, is there any way to store a current LOR??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdhere1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm helping my girlfriend apply to PA school, and I just realized that CASPA DOES NOT allow Interfolio or other web based letter services (why?!?!).

I read on the CASPA website that the recommender has to submit their letter directly to CASPA for the CURRENT cycle that the applicant is applying. So if my GF plans to apply for the cycle that opens up in April/May 2017, is there any way that she can store a current LOR in the CASPA system? She has a letter from her current job, but is planning on leaving that job soon to focus on classes/applications.

From what I'm aware, you need new letters every cycle for CASPA, is this correct? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't they use interfolio? Because they don't have to. Candidates for PA school are expected to put their eggs in one basket and focus on fulfilling the requirements for PA programs. CASPA is essentially filling the role of interfolio so that applicants can go to one place instead of any number of individual schools. They have no interest in making it easy to shop an essay around to other types of programs because they are already doing everyone a favor. You wouldn't want to have a letter that wasn't specific to PA schools anyway. I think that there is more to the process than just a letter. I believe there are a few questions CASPA has letter writers answer. They email them something. Why don't they allow letters to be recycled? Because they want them fresh. A good candidate wouldn't have a problem getting a letter of recommendation at any point in the process. That's just how it is. It's not a big deal. Let your girlfriend put together her own CASPA profile.