OK, This isn't exactly like it sounds. Let me explain. I've already applied twice before to med school (this was my second year and I had one interview which resulted in a wait-list). Anyway, I have a 3.52/26Q (11V is the only high point!), med. missions experience, the usual volunteer/ECs, and pretty solid recs. The first year, my MCATs were lost until late February so I feel like it hurt my chances for admission. The second time around, I guess I just wasn't a strong enough applicant. Both years, though, I applied late (late August). It's been my inclination to study my ass off and raise that MCAT score in order to have a better shot at admissions. I've decided that I want to wait for the April MCAT to give myself ample time to study and to actually apply early/on time for that year. However, this means taking a year off from applying while I enact my study hard/volunteer/research plan. But, my parents are pressuring me to go ahead and apply again this coming year (this will make the 3rd time) with the same stats (the only difference is one year of work as a phlebotomist) to a variety of schools I haven't applied to before (and that I might have a better shot at). I have the feeling that this is unwise and a waste of money as I haven't done a lot to improve my application. But, I'm open to suggestion. Any thoughts on whether I should just apply again now for the hell of it?!